Please be aware of the following scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel you man, I got scammed on here by a different member. Although I actually sent the part and the guy never paid me. It was only $20-$25 bucks so it’s not like it broke me. After waiting a few weeks I posted my experience and he guy had the nerve to come on here and acknowledge that not only did he get the part he refuses to pay me because “ I dragged his name though the mud” (which I had no intention of doing but he just led me on. It wasn’t a get even I was simply telling other members not to deal with such people)
From my understanding a few members tore him a new one.

I see it more of a aberration because I bought stuff and the members I dealt with were upstanding. But a few bad apples get through.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone should be careful when dealing with strangers online. But I kinda doubt it's the same scammer. Doesn't match up at all with the previous ones. Careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Same scammer, probably not. Different scammer with similar tactics? Most likely IMO. I wouldn't trust it.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i offered the visors and posted pics of them and truck they are in. Even my 96 and front of my house but its cool dont trust people i mean really its just sunvisors that if someone really needed id damn near give away.

Only joined for one reason and that business is done. I can say one member on here is stand up and hooked me up with info i needed.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the type of person to avoid doing business with. Only joined to make buck. It may not be your intent to rip people off but you can see where others would hesitate to deal with a new member.
Higher post count equals higher comfort level to me. It's still no guarantee but higher post count members are likely to deal fairly because they are here to gin knowledge or get help. Damaging there reputation will not help them.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
In today's world where the internet is full of hackers and scammers, it's to hard to trust anybody, even in real life too.

But I agree with the higher post count thing, it usually tells me they are a regular and have somewhat of a reputation built up, so I feel a little less skeptic of the situation. But even then, you don't ever know the full story of what they could really be.