Play in Steering...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand gearbox did you use?

Similar to what knuckle said, I’ve gotten bad ones straight out of the box. The worst was a Delco.

I’ve used a Redhead on a Bronco with good results. I have a Bluetop on my two door 98. It’s tight as hell and is the 96 and under version (versus the slightly different 97+ box that they used with the EVO) so it should be the same as your 94. Highly recommended.

Just to throw it out there, how are the tires? Any changes in the steering with a tire rotation?

Edit: didn’t you lift it? Was it like this when stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We get them through the shop I work at, and often we have to do the job twice because of a bad gearbox. I am unsure of the brand. I've been sort of avoiding that as an option as I really don't want to do the job again... I did lift it and rebuilt the suspension and it was much worse when I first got it. I'm gonna take one final look at the shaft and tighten everythimg down one more time before facing the gearbox...

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you replace the rag joint?
Or did you use a rag joint replacement kit from the parts store?
This is a factory oem GM rag joint for your truck
You must be registered for see images attach
You can see that is much different than the garbage aftermarket stuff
Send me the model and year and all the other info you can come up with and ill make sure it fits.
Its GM part # 78417222.
If it fits and you pay the shipping its yours bud.
Ill send it to you

Are you sure on that part number? I can’t find any information on it. I may need one for my 88. But even my GM parts catalog doesn’t show just the coupler, only the whole lower shaft.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure on that part number? I can’t find any information on it. I may need one for my 88. But even my GM parts catalog doesn’t show just the coupler, only the whole lower shaft.
Ill double check it but Im pretty sure its a Blazer only part.
Ive had this so long I dont even remember why I have it.
I seem to remember that the Blazer uses a different spline count but its been a long time since I looked it up

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep,
Turns out its 85-91 Blazer only but also fits some 85-88 square bodies.
This is also a discontinued part.
NOS made in America in its box and in brand new condition.
Check this out, even the friggen box is made in the usa

Look how far weve fallen while we were all asleep
******* Sad.
I know one of you guys out there needs this part.
Same deal, if any you can figure out a way that I can ship it to you by boxing it and dropping it at fedex or ups?
Its yours.
If you plan on selling it on e-bay youre a schmuck with no morals or dignity.
I really want to get this to a fellow truck owner who needs it.