Pinging alot with 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As said, verify fuel pressure and initial timing. Assure that the timing advance works.

Connect a scan tool, verify ALL the sensors, especially the knock sensor. Common for the knock sensor wiring to degrade. If the O2 sensor isn't reporting correctly, the engine may be running lean.
Is there any way to confirm the knock sensor is fully functional? I broke my single wire when replacing the starter, and ran it like that for a few days with no CEL while I waited on another pig tail. After I hooked it up, I can see knock counts on my laptop when I ran it, to verify it was working. This is pretty much the only sensor, besides the MAP, that I have not replaced. Truck still ildes rough when warm, ive gotten used to it.

Sorry OP!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to confirm the knock sensor is fully functional? I broke my single wire when replacing the starter, and ran it like that for a few days with no CEL while I waited on another pig tail. After I hooked it up, I can see knock counts on my laptop when I ran it, to verify it was working.
You already have.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you
Everyone I did adjust it woke the engine up runs very well. Even kept it out and drove it for fun