Pics of K2500 with F250 Accuride 16x7 Steelies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyk1500

Reaction score
I was looking for a project Reg-Cab, V8, Manual 4x4 to buy & fix up when I realized...I can just tinker on Dads '95 K2500!
I love my Dad, but this truck is just his motorized wheel barrow that gets ZERO love...He thinks I'm CrAzY for wanting to clean on it!

I had polished wheels on it, but that was a poor choice on my part due to no maintenance.
So I took a page from the '67-72 guys and got some 93-97 3/4 ton Ford Accuride steelies. They have a more aggressive offset, 1/2" wider(16x7) and have a "dished" look. Plus painted wheels are maintenance free!
Its leveled with old 265/75/16 KO1 BFG's and I stuck 2" rear spacers on it to correct the weird trackwidth mismatch from that vintage truck.

What makes it cool to me is the stick! NV4500 that shifts like a bus...but you're not going to bang gears in a truck like this.

I did a '7427 ECM(for the wide band hack) and Vortec 350 swap years ago...but am now trying to readdress how it runs. Back in the day it wasn't as well known that the stock TBI fuel pump can't keep up with higher flow demands, I think it is just running out of fuel pressure.
You must be registered for see images attach
Hopefully I can finally make a TBI engine run well!

Last edited:

andyk1500

Reaction score
Couple of other things...
On my NBS truck I really liked my shifter with 4th gen Camaro knob on it. So I grabbed a stick from the junkyard and made one for this.
The knobs aren't removable, so you have to cut it off

I drilled out the threads on the Camaro knob and then used a die grinder to open up the hole until the knob could be press fit on. I used weather stripping adhesive and drove it in place.
I used some cheap metal stamps to try to number it...but m'eh...it didn't turn out that great. I'd be much better at it if I tried again.

Last edited:

andyk1500

Reaction score
You may have noticed I'm running "capless" wheels. I find the dish looks deeper and I like the look.
To clean it up I made "centers" for the spacers.
I bought round stainless sheet, slit the edges and drove them into the spacer.

For the front, I found that NBS 3/4 ton dust caps were JUST too large to fit.
So I carefully took my die grinder and opened up the hubs until they would snuggly accept the cap.

Last edited:

andyk1500

Reaction score
NICE! I may even have some of those caps in "inventory"...
I did try a chrome center cap on (it was trimmed to fit PYO's, so it slightly shallower)
Its not bad looking either.
Guess when I'm done having Pop run capless, I've got lots of stuff to try!(I'm curious if he will even notice if the wheels are different)

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude I've had pictures of your truck saved for years now! I couldn't get over how it looked, it's one of the many trucks that made me want a K2500

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Rare bird right there. I miss our old '88 C3500. I just figured I'd come across one fairly easily with a NV4500 instead of the one we had with a SM465. Hard lesson learned right there.

Last edited:

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Sharp pickup! Looks great on the Accurides.

I'm looking to build something similar, tough to find ones that aren't all used up.