Pics of cb mounted in cd payer hole 95-98 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have searched and only found like 1 or 2, but i want to mount a cb in the cubby hole where the cd player would go. If anyone has pics and/or specs on what will fit or what their setup is, Thanks!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need a die grinder or a dremmel to make something like a Cobra 29 or 148 to fit in there ...
other than that ... see no problems at all ...
I have the brackets and wire run in my truck for when I pull my camper ... but the brackets are under the dash near the trailer brake module ...

Reaction score
You will need a die grinder or a dremmel to make something like a Cobra 29 or 148 to fit in there ...
other than that ... see no problems at all ...
I have the brackets and wire run in my truck for when I pull my camper ... but the brackets are under the dash near the trailer brake module ...

I'm with Cableguy184 on this one, bought a brand new ryobi dremel tool at a garage sale for $20, best damn mod tool you can own. What your wanting to do will work. I did it on my yukon. Unfortunately I sold the truck with the setup still in it. I'm lookin for the site I got the idea from. I also mounted an add on speaker, radioshack has them for cb's, I think they were 4"x4", that was mounted in the overhead console. I cut a hole in the large rear drop down door, it looked really good and made hearing the cb alot better and clearer.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
thats my cobra ultra II it sticks out some and putting the dash bezel back on is a pita but i love the spot and i can hear it just fine i dont need any kind of ext speaker

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
i took the tray that the cd player was on put velcro on the cb and the tray it stays put pretty well and i really like the spot for the mic unless you have some type of switch there