Picked up a BDS 6 inch lift kit off of a 95 Suburban looking for information on this particular kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No forum is as active as it used to be. Everybody uses FB now and the info gets buried and lost forever, ****** worthless but hey at least you can see what your friend's friend's friend had for lunch and how they feel about Trump being president.
I deleted Facebook back in 2014 and never looked back since.
Biggest privacy invading garbage site ever. Waste of time too.
I also pretty much quit watching tv back then too along with my drinking problem. I get alot more done and I remember what I did the night before. Haha
At any rate. Got my Gibson heads on the truck that came off same suburban that I pulled the lift from. Wondering whats a better 6 inch lift. I don' wanna chop off parts or anything. Also don' want bad angles on axles like I see on most lifts

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This truck has a rcd or rcx I guess ruff country. All the damn crap names sound the same.his axles were no where near straight. Major downward angles. Bad news

You must be registered for see images attach

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
His is likely cranked as well. Most (if not all) 6" lift kits are just a 4" lift that you are supposed to crank up for the extra 2". One of the beautiful things about torsion bars is that you have nearly infinite adjustability, if you don't like your cv/balljoint angles you can just de-crank until you're happy.

Also, the lift kit shouldn't affect ride quality, unless the shocks are terrible or if the torsion bars are cranked too high.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
His is likely cranked as well. Most (if not all) 6" lift kits are just a 4" lift that you are supposed to crank up for the extra 2". One of the beautiful things about torsion bars is that you have nearly infinite adjustability, if you don't like your cv/balljoint angles you can just de-crank until you're happy.

Also, the lift kit shouldn't affect ride quality, unless the shocks are terrible or if the torsion bars are cranked too high.

RCX is this way for sure, but I believe the Dick Cepek kit is as advertised uncranked with good angles.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've read good reviews on the BDS lift. But I haven't felt motivated to install it. Also I need to know the right lenth for shocks so I can order some. Anyone know the basics on that. Must be about the same for every 6 inch lift on a k1500
Of course it's a z71 and I hear that the z71 had longer shocks stock. The auto parts places always said the cheap shocks were for all k1500 except z71. Sounds like a crock
Anyway I need shocks for the lift first

Stance_stan

Reaction score
So I believe I've gotten everything that I needed for this kit I have a 97 Z71 4 by 4 it already has 285 75 16 on it and then they do not rub so what I'm trying to figure out is what all do I need besides this lift kit Suburban it came off of had the same as stock brake lines that look like they just relocated them I cannot find any information on this lift kit other than four by four magazine had a showing of it but BDS doesn't make the kit anymore I can't even find the install instructions

If you still have the kit would you be interested in selling it ??

Stance_stan

Reaction score
I do. Maybe. I'm in Arizona

Gotcha and no problem I would take care of paying all the shipping expenses if you do decide to sell it. Send me a message on a price you’re thinking and we can talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk