Picked up a BDS 6 inch lift kit off of a 95 Suburban looking for information on this particular kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I believe I've gotten everything that I needed for this kit I have a 97 Z71 4 by 4 it already has 285 75 16 on it and then they do not rub so what I'm trying to figure out is what all do I need besides this lift kit Suburban it came off of had the same as stock brake lines that look like they just relocated them I cannot find any information on this lift kit other than four by four magazine had a showing of it but BDS doesn't make the kit anymore I can't even find the install instructions

You must be registered for see images attach

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Is it an older kit? I have the instructions for mine that i bought in 2015. I noticed your in AZ, BDM Customs in Tempe is a reseller for BDS as well

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's off of a 95 and I think it' older. Their newer stuff all uses spindles to correct steering angles
I'm in Prescott Valley Arizona.
definitely could use some instructions. I know I can put it on no problem I've been a mechanic most of my life but I just like to have instructions for it to see if they have any comments about Driveline angles or anything like that some of these kits required a Special cv driveline.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also curious is this going to make my truck ride like crap? Otherwise I think I'd rather just not even put a lift on it I could go ahead and put a body lift on it without having to modify any of the suspension if I wanted to run bigger tires I don't really want to run bigger tires anyways

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Mine is a newer kit with the spindles, i overlooked that part

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I havent put it on yet.
I don't think I'm going to lift my truck. I already have a diesel on 35s with a lift. Rides like crap so I don't wanna do all this work to find out it sucks and I've then cut off my bump stops.
For now I'm doing my headers maybe when I get caught up . Almost rather find a beater truck to use it on.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No forum is as active as it used to be. Everybody uses FB now and the info gets buried and lost forever, ****** worthless but hey at least you can see what your friend's friend's friend had for lunch and how they feel about Trump being president.