Pick and pull junkyard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a friends truck. Had F44 code.
Its a chassis package on some 1/2 tons GMC and Chevy trucks which included a bigger brakes, different rear axle, bigger U-Joints and an additonal rear leaf spring on each side.
9 1/2in. semi-floating rear axle with bigger 2 3/4x11 1/4in brakes, bigger U-joints and an additional rear leaf spring, It increased the trucks GVWR from 6200lbs. to 6600lbs.

That’s pretty awesome! You learn something new every day I guess.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t even buy anything. But it cost $4 for both my son and myself to get in. We spent a couple of hours and literally walked every aisle. I can’t think of a better or cheaper way to spend a day.

I did run into another OBS enthusiast while I was there. Actually 2.

But the one guy knew something that I didn’t. Apparently they made something like a HD version of the 4WD 1500. It came with a 12 bolt rear end, and obviously was 6 lug based on the 4x4.

Anyway, his truck is a 2WD but he’s converting it over to 6 lug now and has a bolt in ready 12 6 lug rear with 3.73’s. Of course it’s drum brakes, but that’s something that I never knew and that’s a great find on that rear end. I think he paid like $80 for the whole thing. Pretty amazing deal!
K

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s pretty awesome! You learn something new every day I guess.
Yes. I had one prior to my wife imposing the "great truck moratorium". I sold it to a friend. He figured it out via the rear-end. I "think" I remember larger brakes and maybe heavier springs. I also remember rear end wasn't common and it being a Love/Hate deal. It is a nice truck and still in town. It came from Alaska. I wondered if the HD made more sense up ther or it was just a coincidence.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOOH! Foss U-Pull-it in Chesapeake! I've rummaged through all those trucks. I go there about 4 times a month to keep my eye out on the goodies. One time I pulled a nice wooden overhead console, 50/50 bench seat with the slick wooden cup holders from a truck that was getting prepped to enter the yard. I had everything pulled in 15 mins and just then sat them by the truck when the forklift operator ran me off. Told me that it wasn't inventoried yet and they'd text me when it was available so I can grab the stuff I pulled. They never did and I lost that sweet addition. Those seats were more comfy than a new Cadillac! The suburban on your last picture you uploaded, I pulled that PCM the mid part of this month. I only live 10 mins from Foss I Chesapeake so let me know if anyone needs anything.

clgodwin79 I have a great looking overhead console from the white 2000s caddy in my attic if you're interested. I've pulled that same trucks interior door panels and chrome handles for my truck as well. Still anxiously waiting for a hydro-boost truck to hit the yard. I'm grabbing that setup immediately and putting it on my truck.

Off the top of anyone's head: Do GM 14bolt SF axels ever come in 6 lug variants? I'm looking to up grade from my GM 10 bolt LSD set-up. I've worked on a friends 2500 HD OBS truck but it had a 8 lug 14 bolt SF.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
OOOH! Foss U-Pull-it in Chesapeake! I've rummaged through all those trucks. I go there about 4 times a month to keep my eye out on the goodies. One time I pulled a nice wooden overhead console, 50/50 bench seat with the slick wooden cup holders from a truck that was getting prepped to enter the yard. I had everything pulled in 15 mins and just then sat them by the truck when the forklift operator ran me off. Told me that it wasn't inventoried yet and they'd text me when it was available so I can grab the stuff I pulled. They never did and I lost that sweet addition. Those seats were more comfy than a new Cadillac! The suburban on your last picture you uploaded, I pulled that PCM the mid part of this month. I only live 10 mins from Foss I Chesapeake so let me know if anyone needs anything.

clgodwin79 I have a great looking overhead console from the white 2000s caddy in my attic if you're interested. I've pulled that same trucks interior door panels and chrome handles for my truck as well. Still anxiously waiting for a hydro-boost truck to hit the yard. I grabbing that setup immediately and putting it on my truck.

Off the top of anyone's head: Do GM 14bolt SF axels ever come in 6 lug variants? I'm looking to up grade from my GM 10 bolt LSD set-up. I've worked on a friends 2500 HD OBS truck but it had a 8 lug 14 bolt SF.
I think there was a 2500LD that had a 6 lug 14 bolt? Seems like I've read about those on here....
On the Escalade/Denali chrome door handles, did you just get the handle itself or the whole assembly? I've recently replaced all 4 of the assemblies on my Burb; woulda bought the chrome handle ones but they're way outta my budget new. RA had all 4 of the regular ones on warehouse closeout for like $15 ( for all 4!). So that's what I got. Chrome would be purty though!

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there was a 2500LD that had a 6 lug 14 bolt? Seems like I've read about those on here....
On the Escalade/Denali chrome door handles, did you just get the handle itself or the whole assembly? I've recently replaced all 4 of the assemblies on my Burb; woulda bought the chrome handle ones but they're way outta my budget new. RA had all 4 of the regular ones on warehouse closeout for like $15 ( for all 4!). So that's what I got. Chrome would be purty though!
I pulled the entire handle assembly. The inside plastics looked too good of a condition to pass up. I had a 2000 Escalade in 2012, I want to get my hands on another one in good condition. Just don't see any white or black ones in good OEM condition anymore. Nearest one to me is 2 hours away and it's dressed in grey but they want $6,500 for it. Not a bad price since it's mint but I liked the look of my white one with the tan interior. It was a gem until someone rear-ended me in Texas in 2015. Driver didn't have insurance or a license.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I pulled the entire handle assembly. The inside plastics looked too good of a condition to pass up. I had a 2000 Escalade in 2012, I want to get my hands on another one in good condition. Just don't see any white or black ones in good OEM condition anymore. Nearest one to me is 2 hours away and it's dressed in grey but they want $6,500 for it. Not a bad price since it's mint but I liked the look of my white one with the tan interior. It was a gem until someone rear-ended me in Texas in 2015. Driver didn't have insurance or a license.
Yep that's what got our first 99 Burb, a red light runner in a fwd Monte Carlo. About took the front end off the Burb, and the MC had the engine in the front seat. But that got me into the current Burb, which is a better truck than the other one was. There's a white 400 Escalade on a lot in east Houston,that I go by on Tuesday and Friday. Haven't had time to stop and look at it,but I saw Friday that they'd moved it to the back of the lot. So either someone has put $ on it, or they test drove it and it has a problem. Looks clean, but they all do on the lots!