Pick and pull junkyard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a shame Pick N Pulls have so many trucks that Amateurs ruin parts on, at least here they do. If you don't get there the day they haul it in, good stuff is gone or ruined. They have a Row 52 free program that emails you when a truck you are looking for comes in. Just have to sign up for it. I know everyone doesn't have access to Pick N pulls, but if you have one close it helps.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a shame Pick N Pulls have so many trucks that Amateurs ruin parts on, at least here they do. If you don't get there the day they haul it in, good stuff is gone or ruined. They have a Row 52 free program that emails you when a truck you are looking for comes in. Just have to sign up for it. I know everyone doesn't have access to Pick N pulls, but if you have one close it helps.
True! I can’t tell you how many engines had something from the top end pulled leaving the rest of the engine exposed to the elements and ruined

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in my twenties I worked about 4 years for a dismantler and learned a bit about the right way to remove stuff without damaging it. Makes it hard to see stuff just cut or ripped out. But it's a crap shoot anyway. Nice of you, clgodwin79 to give a heads up to people that you are going to where parts might be. Thanks.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PART'S!!!!!!!
I didn’t even buy anything. But it cost $4 for both my son and myself to get in. We spent a couple of hours and literally walked every aisle. I can’t think of a better or cheaper way to spend a day.

I did run into another OBS enthusiast while I was there. Actually 2.

But the one guy knew something that I didn’t. Apparently they made something like a HD version of the 4WD 1500. It came with a 12 bolt rear end, and obviously was 6 lug based on the 4x4.

Anyway, his truck is a 2WD but he’s converting it over to 6 lug now and has a bolt in ready 12 6 lug rear with 3.73’s. Of course it’s drum brakes, but that’s something that I never knew and that’s a great find on that rear end. I think he paid like $80 for the whole thing. Pretty amazing deal!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even buy anything. But it cost $4 for both my son and myself to get in. We spent a couple of hours and literally walked every aisle. I can’t think of a better or cheaper way to spend a day.

But the one guy knew something that I didn’t. Apparently they made something like a HD version of the 4WD 1500. It came with a 12 bolt rear end, and obviously was 6 lug based on the 4x4.

Anyway, his truck is a 2WD but he’s converting it over to 6 lug now and has a bolt in ready 12 6 lug rear with 3.73’s. Of course it’s drum brakes, but that’s something that I never knew and that’s a great find on that rear end. I think he paid like $80 for the whole thing. Pretty amazing deal!
This was a friends truck. Had F44 code.
Its a chassis package on some 1/2 tons GMC and Chevy trucks which included a bigger brakes, different rear axle, bigger U-Joints and an additonal rear leaf spring on each side.
9 1/2in. semi-floating rear axle with bigger 2 3/4x11 1/4in brakes, bigger U-joints and an additional rear leaf spring, It increased the trucks GVWR from 6200lbs. to 6600lbs.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The OBS trucks in my local pull a part, don't stand a chance. As soon as they put the out, people are on them like a swarm of bees, pulling parts.