Phantom dually help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artinaudio

Reaction score
Most of what I've seen, is 15x14 wheels, with a 29x18x15 tire. Not seeing any back space info for the wheels though.
Thanks for that info, gives me a point of reference. I dont have a bed on my dually but I van work of its axle for a rough idea I suppose.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck is a long bed right? I'd think the easiest thing to do is get a dually bed swapped on, then figure out your wheel width and backspace to fill the gap.

Artinaudio

Reaction score
Your truck is a long bed right? I'd think the easiest thing to do is get a dually bed swapped on, then figure out your wheel width and backspace to fill the gap.
Yes long bed & that would most def be the easiest way but I have shortened the inside box space to short bed measurements to accommodate a blow thru sub enclosure that was pretty tricky & expensive to fab up.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Ken to the rescue lol. You'll want to go a 15x14 or 15x16 wheel but they get stupid expensive as do the tires for that width as you are stuck with a Sportsman Pro or S/R tire for streetability.

Sportsman Pro(29x18x15)-$386/ea
Sportsman S/R(29x18x15)-$433/ea

Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Ken to the rescue lol. You'll want to go a 15x14 or 15x16 wheel but they get stupid expensive as do the tires for that width as you are stuck with a Sportsman Pro or S/R tire for streetability.

Sportsman Pro(29x18x15)-$386/ea
Sportsman S/R(29x18x15)-$433/ea
Hoosier has some too but they are cubic dollars too! Please choose radial tires. The bias ply tires need tubes.

Tomcatguy

Reaction score
There used to be a guy around here that had one done that way. He was running 15×15 draglite wheels and 33×21.50 et streets. I always thought it was the coolest truck in town. Haven't seen it in years but remember it very well. It also had a blow though system in the bed. Only thing is I can't remember ever seeing under the tonneu cover but I'm almost positive he told me he had the rear-end narrowed and had tubs in the bed to fit those super wide tires.