Perfection Clutch Master cylinder upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that I know of. If its too stiff like mine, its in the clutch assembly. I'm also going to change the slave cylinder with the same brand. Mine hasn't failed yet but why wait for disaster.

Had that happen on mine... Pedal got stiffer and stiffer, even started squeaking when depressed... Got to the point that i couldnt even push the clutch pedal no more... Slave cyl completly locked up...

Just thought id add that for the write up

blueridgerobbie

RiverMonster
Reaction score
Great thread...I just bought a 95 ecsb 1500 with a 454 and a nv3500 with a bad cylinder and was about to replace the old one with a oem plastic one.....whew. Glad I looked first

Arealgloza

Reaction score
i actually prefer to run the plastic master because i run an aluminum salve and stainless braided hydraulic line, this makes the weakest point in the system my master, in case of excessive pressure. ive had it blow once when my t56 was first put in and out of adjusted just enough for the fluid to lock up, it blew in the street and because it was the master and not the slave or the line i had the truck back on the road in less that an hour with a vacuum bleeder.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions.
Same part # for a '97?
In the second pic. the push rod is all steel. Mine has a plastic end about 3"-4" long. Will that early(?) all steel one work in the later trucks? The plastic clutch pedal bushing appear to be the same, so the pin should be the same.
Are the early & late trucks using the same clutch pedal arm? Is that push rod the same length as the plastic-ended one? That's the only dif. I could think of.
Not a fan of plastic in clutch linkage!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A whole lot of differences in the 96-up clutch master vs. 88-94, they don't even attach to the firewall the same way. But if you check Advance, that same brand (Performance Clutch) offers an aluminum replacement for the new style too.

Another thing that sucks really bad on the newer style clutch setup is your pedal swivels on two plastic bushings. They wear, and break, letting your clutch pedal fall right out of the bracket. Not cool, and I don't have an immediate solution for it. Anyway this was the setup in the donor stuff I brought over from a '96 C3500 when I built up my '94 3500HD.

Richard

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
...Another thing that sucks really bad on the newer style clutch setup is your pedal swivels on two plastic bushings. They wear, and break, letting your clutch pedal fall right out of the bracket. Not cool, and I don't have an immediate solution for it. Anyway this was the setup in the donor stuff I brought over from a '96 C3500 when I built up my '94 3500HD.

Richard

Sounds like a lathe and a couple chunks of aluminum or brass could solve that issue pretty quickly...:)