Pepboys Speed Shop Grand Opening!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I agree completely. I feel like car people should work at parts store so they have knowledge about car parts. Not what the screen says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many are 'wharehousemen'. Parts pullers. Number readers. Vehicle knowledge is secondary.
Ford dealership partsmen are THE worst.
"I need some bumper bolts for a '65 'Stang."
"Is that a 6 or an 8 cylinder?"

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
These folks need to know what color it is before they can look up what size lug nuts you need :banghead:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They asked me what engine I had so I said 383. They said that wasn't an option so I asked them what the options were. The guy said said 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7. I said it is a 350 with a stroker crank and rods and he said that isn't an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Are all Pepboys gonna get the speed shop area or only a few?

It's part of a change for the company. The Tampa area was first the Boston market was second second and they are currently working on san Diego market. So I'm sure if this image change works they will convert the chain.

Adam

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
The Pep Boys here in Santa Clarita(just north of L.A.)has the Speed Shop.I'll be checking it out soon.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean yall don't enjoy walking up to a counter with a muffler in hand and ask if they have any other mufflers and they say we don't carry mufflers

mutanay

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can vouch for that, i work at pepboys. In fact we got rid of our speedshop and all of those old retired 401k dudes hate pepboys now. They are turning into warehouse parts now.

Last edited: