Patching SCSB Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someotherguy there ya go. A potential customer for a rust free cab and frame.
About 10 years too late. :D

And seriously, about the only way this would ever work would be to find a supplier that could partner up with someone in the rust area to bring in trailer loads of rust-free parts. It would require an investment on someone's part, for sure, and IMO that should be the person doing the ultimate sales of parts to the end-user. The supplier in the rust-free area already paid out for the donor trucks to begin with.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And seriously, about the only way this would ever work would be to find a supplier that could partner up with someone in the rust area to bring in trailer loads of rust-free parts. It would require an investment on someone's part, for sure, and IMO that should be the person doing the ultimate sales of parts to the end-user. The supplier in the rust-free area already paid out for the donor trucks to begin with.

So you're saying you have a business plan? :lol:

I kid, but I do wish you would start a GMT400 salvage yard again. The pictures of your old one that you've posted over the years look so awesome.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you're saying you have a business plan? :lol:

I kid, but I do wish you would start a GMT400 salvage yard again. The pictures of your old one that you've posted over the years look so awesome.
Yeah, it was already kinda bar-napkin hashed out, ya know? I had the parts and the place to stockpile them.. I could have simply stacked frames in a corner instead of scrapping them. Just as easy for me to scrap bare cabs instead. I just needed someone willing to pony up the cash and come get a big pile of them to take back to their rusty home. :D You could stack a big pile of frames on a trailer.

I remember only one local request for a frame.. quoted the guy and had one ready to go, but he changed his mind I guess after he figured out how much work it was gonna be. He was going to repair a wrecked truck, not a rusty one. I felt like I quoted him pretty low too because otherwise it would just get junked and that's not a lot of scrap value.

Richard

DetroitWelder

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many good frames I've scrapped in the past. Nobody wants them down here, because rust isn't an issue. I'd part trucks out until it was a shell of a cab sitting on the frame, and off to the scrapyard it went.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
I'm in A similar situation with my 1500 Crew Cab. Needs so much frame repaired that I'd be better off starting over with A reg cab short bed 4x4 frame. I'm in Michigan so I've thought about going down south myself to get one but that's out of my budget currently.