Passlock/Security issues

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by GreenZ98, Jul 4, 2017.

Car Parts
  1. GreenZ98

GreenZ98 I'm Awesome

Went to crank my 98 about a week ago and it immediately shut back off. Security light was flashing so I did the relearn process and it fired up no problem. Got in it Saturday and it done the same thing again except now the security light doesn't flash now it's on solid all the time from the moment you turn on the key. It also won't do the relearn anymore. Is this something I'm gonna end up having to take it to a shop for?

2. HotWheelsBurban

HotWheelsBurban Newbie

Did you ever figure it out? If so, what did it take to fix the problem? My 99 suburban is doing something similar. Even disconnecting the ground cable isn't resetting it anymore

3. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

I cheated this shit by installing a resistor and doing an anti-theft relearn.

4. GreenZ98

GreenZ98 I'm Awesome

Yes, the passloc module under the dash was burnt up. Bought a replacement off ebay and then had blackbear send me a tuned pcm with all that security crap turned off. No issues since and that's been 2 years.

5. HotWheelsBurban

HotWheelsBurban Newbie

So how much did all this cost, if you don't mind me asking? Part of why l have an old truck is cause l don't have a lot of $$. Thanks for the help!

6. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

Typical price for a mail order tune from Black Bear Performance is around $360. If all you need/want is the PassLock disabled you may be able to get that done for cheaper. Send them an email and ask, couldn't hurt. Some other people to try would be PCM4Less and Nelson Performance.

7. Supercharged111

Supercharged111 I'm Awesome

But if your Passlock module still works and you just need to lie to it, then the resistor/relearn is what you want. Cost about a buck.