Passenger Door Vent Cover - Where can I find one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KiloMikeZ71

Reaction score
On my 1997 K1500, there is a vent cover on the inside the passenger door that has cracked right around the fasteners. Due to those cracks, it has the annoying behavior of falling out every other time that door is used. I've searched the part diagrams and apparently this is a "pressure relief valve cover" or some such thing - part number 15718116. Unfortunately, the part is listed as "NLA" or "Discontinued" on the various online parts stores. I did find one on eBay, but the seller wants $70 + $36 shipping :mad:

Does anyone have a good source for parts that a google search doesn't find?

Thanks much!

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Junkyard is probably your best bet if you want factory parts. I replaced one in my Suburban years ago with a junkyard take-off, think it cost me $5 or so. You could check car-part.com for compatible doors in your area.

All American Billet makes fancy aluminum ones in machined, polished, or anodized black. They're $175 a set, though.

https://shop.allamericanbillet.com/...or-jam-vents-pr-detail.htm?productId=-9977604

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Car-part.com is for full-serve yards, those yards will not part out good doors nor waste their time on what we call trinkets.

Try row52.com for self-serve yards, then you can buy all the trinkets that you want. Sometimes, depending upon the trinket & our mood, we may tell you to have a nice day.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Car-part.com is for full-serve yards, those yards will not part out good doors nor waste their time on what we call trinkets.

Good point, sometimes I forget this because the full service yard near me will part small stuff out. Most will not though.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good point, sometimes I forget this because the full service yard near me will part small stuff out. Most will not though.

I hear ya.
I hear it all day @ work when people call or come through the door, just to be told that we dont deal w/ trinkets & require a stupid $ amount to be bothered w/ such a thing due to the fact that we don't have the time or manpower for such things.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know, that's my '88. Its the unique machine in my fleet. My '89, '98, & '00 either have solid plastic or vented removable panels. Always wished they kept the original design.
New Yuck state's use of road salt during the winter has desecrated the sheet metal. If I want to keep the doors, I've gotta replace inner and outer lower door repair panels.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely check out your local salvage yards.

I picked one up today for $5, the other side had cracked mounts. A little plastic welding & it would've been very useable.