Passenger brake dragging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronswink

Reaction score
Ok, first off a little info on the truck. 1991 5.7 tbi, nv3500, rough country 2/4 drop. Put the 1.25 width rotors, new pads, new calipers both sides on the front. 2002 suburban master cylinder(brake pedal feels way better) I bled the fronts and now every time I hit the brakes the passenger side caliper holds and won’t release all the way. Could this be because of master or am I missing something?? Please help if you can

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 3

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be way off on this, cause I really don’t know, but often on this forum I hear those who do seem to know mention how these brake systems are “systems” and when you start mixing other parts into the system it doesn’t always work.

aaronswink

Reaction score
I could be way off on this, cause I really don’t know, but often on this forum I hear those who do seem to know mention how these brake systems are “systems” and when you start mixing other parts into the system it doesn’t always work.
Another guy on this forum recommended to me , I’m just sick of these little problems keeping me from finally drivin, I’m bout to swap back over n see if stock fixes it

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you change it out? What size did it come with(rpo)?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Send or pm me your vin #. I'll be able to tell. Actually, I may not be able to tell being a 91. Take a picture of sticker in glove box.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, first off a little info on the truck. 1991 5.7 tbi, nv3500, rough country 2/4 drop. Put the 1.25 width rotors, new pads, new calipers both sides on the front. 2002 suburban master cylinder(brake pedal feels way better) I bled the fronts and now every time I hit the brakes the passenger side caliper holds and won’t release all the way. Could this be because of master or am I missing something?? Please help if you can
passenger side? Id say your hose, your banjo bolt, rust in the system, or the caliper lube/hardware fitment are most at play. I suppose it could be something upstream but that seems like it would affect more than just than front right. I would say go over your work and verify your hardware and service. Using a petrolum grease on the slide pins is a good way to accidently seize rubber boots(if those calipers have that)

aaronswink

Reaction score
Send or pm me your vin #. I'll be able to tell. Actually, I may not be able to tell being a 91. Take a picture of sticker in glove box.
I have no sticker in glove box but vin number is 1gcdc14k4mz166663

aaronswink

Reaction score
passenger side? Id say your hose, your banjo bolt, rust in the system, or the caliper lube/hardware fitment are most at play. I suppose it could be something upstream but that seems like it would affect more than just than front right. I would say go over your work and verify your hardware and service. Using a petrolum grease on the slide pins is a good way to accidently seize rubber boots(if those calipers have that)
Im going to grease slide pins now, I used banjo bolt and new crush washers to when putting on, also when I hit brakes it dives left, not as bad now that new pads on left an new master but going to re check everything before swapping back masters

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked and you have JB3 brakes. Understand why you were looking to upgrade.