Part numbers frequently chosen by other RockAuto customers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockAuto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RockAuto often not only has the part but provides a choice of brands. A heart next to a part in the RockAuto.com catalog means this particular part number is frequently chosen by other customers who own the same vehicle, and the part is rarely returned. Maybe the part is a little easier to install, is the OE part, is better than the OE part or offers an exceptional combination of low price and high quality. There are lots of reasons other owners might prefer a particular part. The heart is just another tool in the RockAuto catalog to help customers choose the parts that most closely meet their needs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thank You,
RockAuto.com

mistaake

Reaction score
Yep, I always find that handy.

Now if you could offer free shipping like Amazon Prime you'd have all of my car part business. I must say often I get the correct part number off your site then go buy it on Amazon because while your price is better you don't do free shipping. What I'm saying is you have a part for $7 + $5 shipping and Amazon has it for $10 with free shipping it's still more cost effective to get it on Amazon.

Do you have any plans to introduce free shipping?

RockAuto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

Shipping is never free. Carriers must be paid for their work. Actual shipping costs vary widely depending on what you buy and where you are. "Free shipping" means higher prices to cover the average shipping cost and using profits from some orders to offset losses on others.

We think it makes more sense to set prices low and show what it really costs to bring your order to you, passing on the cost and savings from decisions you make. To minimize shipping costs, choose parts that can ship from the same location. See "Which parts cost least to ship?"

Thank You,
RockAuto.com

mistaake

Reaction score
Hello,

Shipping is never free. Carriers must be paid for their work. Actual shipping costs vary widely depending on what you buy and where you are. "Free shipping" means higher prices to cover the average shipping cost and using profits from some orders to offset losses on others.

We think it makes more sense to set prices low and show what it really costs to bring your order to you, passing on the cost and savings from decisions you make. To minimize shipping costs, choose parts that can ship from the same location. See "Which parts cost least to ship?"

Thank You,
RockAuto.com

Thanks for the response, and I totally do understand. I sell a fair amount on eBay and people don't realize that unless you have the massive shipping contracts like Amazon does shipping does cost a lot, and it keeps going up. On the other hand, maybe something like free shipping for orders over $75 would be reasonable, or a "rockauto shipping club" where for a fixed minimum order quantity on a yearly basis or with a subscription charge there is free shipping on certain items?

Totally understand that this might all be too complicated just trying to throw ideas out there.