Part# for WT side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2JHead

Reaction score
I would like to change the oem mirrors on my 1988 Silverado. First I thought about getting the 454SS mirrors but there seems to be a consensus that they are crap.

I noticed that the W/T mirrors look ok (in my view at least):

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone know the part no's on these bad boys? :)

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's not specifically a W/T mirror; that's the standard folding mirror used from 1992-up, available in non-power and power adjust. The aftermarket copies of them are garbage. The factory ones are pretty good. Can be tough finding originals in good condition these days, though. If you look on the bottom where the mirror mounts to its base, the OEM ones have torx screws; the aftermarket copies generally are phillips head - quick way to tell 'em apart. The copy mirrors generally have a looser fit and the glass vibrates while driving. Also on any of them used (original) or new (copy) check for flop in the fold joint.

As far as 454SS mirrors being crap, lol, I guess? The commonly available plastic copies of them are crap. The original metal ones are nice. There are also metal copies that aren't bad; I've directly compared them and those were a pretty damn nice copy. I think they were TYC. Now, if you mean how useful they are? Yeah you can't hardly see a damn thing out of them. But they look great. :D

Richard