Parking brake release spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The spring that attaches to my parking brakes release broke, then was lost, and I'm having a hard time tracking down a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

1989 GMC Sierra 1500, 5.7l

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd prefer a new spring that would likely last a bit longer but this is my backup
This spring was gone on my truck. The one I found from the yard was in perfect shape (I don't see why it would go bad if it is used normally), and basically every truck will still have it in there. I tried to get another spring to work but it was much harder to release it. Unlikely anything else out there would have the proper tension, shape, and length, just grab a used one (they'll probably let you have it free too).

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHICH "park brake release spring"? Photo(s)? There's about four of 'em, maybe more.

Two at each rear wheel, one under the cab, at least one in the park brake pedal assembly.

I'll be dicking with this as I need every park brake cable on my '97.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WHICH "park brake release spring"? Photo(s)? There's about four of 'em, maybe more.

Two at each rear wheel, one under the cab, at least one in the park brake pedal assembly.

I'll be dicking with this as I need every park brake cable on my '97.
The one in the cab attached to the pedal assembly. Mine was rusted and broke. The shop took the spring that fell off and bent it to fit again but it quickly broke again then got lost.