Parking brake light on after ignition switch swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarecrow55

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any insight, it might just be that I need to finish putting everything back together first. I swapped out the ignition starter switch and the lock cylinder housing, because I broke off that cute little plastic notch that goes into the switch itself. While putting the housing back on I somehow bent the spring that pushes the lock pin up to the lock plate. I removed it and figured I don't really care if the steering wheel locks when it is parked anyways. I have put everything needed to run the vehicle back together except all the plastic paneling and covers in case I need to get back into the wiring. I took it for a test drive last night and now the parking brake is on. I engaged the parking brake all the way and released it, but the light stayed on. Any ideas on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

1999 Chevy C1500 Suburban 5.7L Base Model