Parking brake bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well....back in the day when we wanted to go incognito without daytime running lights, we just clicked the e-brake down one notch and they went off. Higley doubt it actually engaged the brakes, so I guess wire as per instructions and give it a click. But in no way am I condoning watching tv while you drive!
Its for rainy days on pipeline when hunting. Truck is driven 300 miles in October. Then is behind a 3500 acre deer lease until january. Then its driven home, stays parked until October again. Its driven less than 2k miles per year. And 1k of that is oct-jan, with 650 of that being the round trip

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info! I had no idea about this, and I'm glad to be informed - I do plan on putting a double-DIN in Roscoe when I get it reassembled that far. Yup, the "can't operate while the vehicle is in motion" is utter crap for half the population, but there's the other half that dorks it up for us. Driving home from whamalart this afternoon a guy in front of me cruised right through a stop sign while looking down at his phone. I never saw him look up.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No prob. Here are the part numbers . Just YouTube/ google screen mirror iphone to radio and plenty of videos showing these two parts .

Just make sure your radio has a/v INPUT. Most only have output.

If you have some of the higher end pioneers they actually have an hdmi already on them. Then just need the apple part

Attachments

• 5969CFE2-BD6D-4A3C-A143-DA5621B780AD.png
    5969CFE2-BD6D-4A3C-A143-DA5621B780AD.png
    534.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 3A6FF9D8-482E-4D58-96C5-60FC313081E7.png
    3A6FF9D8-482E-4D58-96C5-60FC313081E7.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DE9536BA-B64D-43AA-AABC-27DDC5F5B634.png
    DE9536BA-B64D-43AA-AABC-27DDC5F5B634.png
    397.5 KB · Views: 2

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is an electric, audio visual problem more suited to Audio Media forum.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is an email i got from diybypass.com today , the bypass kit from another seller didnt work properly..

Hi Justin,
Sorry the bypass you ordered didn't work. We noted you ordered one from us today 6-5-22. We have not had any troubles with our bypass working on the Boss BE7ACP. Your radio requires pulsing to ground to bypass the radio. Not sure who you ordered from and what you ordered. We have been designing and manufacturing and selling bypasses since 2010. If any of our customers have problems we try our best to accommodate them to solve any issues that arise. That's why if you go to our feedback we carry not only a Top Selling Rating, but a 99.9% satisfaction from customers.
Note: Did you contact the seller for help. Or ask for a refund. We have also found over time that some sellers only sell these things with no customer service or help.Thank you for contacting DIYBypass. Looking forward in serving you.Any further questions let us know.Your order will ship tomorrow

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is another email i got after responding to that one

Yes we are familiar with them. They are not a manufacture. They are buying from China, who cloned our device some time back. Justin to clear the air we are the originators of the idea of the microbypass and many have came in and duplicated us. Like I said previous in 2008 we started designing our bypass and got it perfected by 2009. This follow also, I see has copied our content. DIYBypass and content is copied witted name brand. But they have left off Boss radio models. The top of their content is copied, but they did not include Boss radio models down lower with all the other copied models. They are not nice people like the China folks who copied us.
Thanks for the info you sent.