Painting Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92K5

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to repaint my stock fender flares on my 1992 K5 Blazer, but first I would like to ask the GMT400 community a few questions;

Do I need to sand them down at all first in order to get the new paint to adhere better?
I'd like to keep them black because that's how they came from factory, what paint would be best for them? How many coats should I use?
I am to assume that using a clearcoat to better protect the paint is a good idea? I'd like this paint job to last, so if I have to spend a little bit of money to make it look good I will.

Thank you for your assistance,

John

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just rattle canned mine satin black. I would lightly sand them with some 600 grit. You could use a satin or a matte clear if you would like. I dont know if yours were gloss black because some of them were

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i painted my bushwacker flares with gm paint and a good clear they matched the truck great! but i wet sanded them got them really smooth i wanted to match the trucks paint