Pacific NW ROLL CALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a southerner compared to the rest of you. I'm in Grants Pass, 50 miles from CA on I-5.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently occupying my garage (it acutally fits with an inch to spare on the front and back) going through a complete brake job and axle seals.
You must be registered for see images attach

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Currently occupying my garage (it acutally fits with an inch to spare on the front and back) going through a complete brake job and axle seals.
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm in Clackamas... and I just so happen to need my brakes done... ;) ;)

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in Clackamas... and I just so happen to need my brakes done... ;) ;)

You seem like a competent feller. If you'd like I can stand over you with a beer in hand and supervise. ;)

I just got done with the rear drums. I hate doing drum brakes, my hands look like someone worked them over with a ball peen hammer, but it needed to be done since one side was drenched in gear oil and brake fluid, from a bad axle seal and wheel cylinder.

I'm also putting 1-ton calipers on the front, new cylinders on the rear, and steel braided brake lines all around. I'll report on how well the whole setup works once I finish. The brakes on the truck were probably the spongiest things I've ever felt. Hopefully all this will make the truck stop better than new.

Next project that I'll probably wait till summer time is redoing the front end. All new ball joints, bushings, tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm, etc... In the mean time I've got to put in new door pins and door handle on the driver side.