P1351

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dc8610

Reaction score
Need help I replaced on my 98 c1500 spark plug and wires, distributor cap and rotor, ignition coil, and ignition control module. Well I put a delphi ICM and the p1351 code pops up so I put the original oem one back on and the p1351 goes away. I returned the new icm and bought a different one from a different brand and it does the same code but the old one takes the code away. Any thoughts on what it may be? TIA

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your original OEM ignition module work? If so, DON'T THROW IT AWAY! A twenty-three year old GM module is better quality than a brand new one.

Dc8610

Reaction score
Yes I have it on the truck right now. I just cant understand why with two different brand new ones it will throw a high voltage code but with the OEM one it has no codes. I heard a fuel pump can do this I did a fuel pressure test and with key on it’s at 60 and with engine running it’s at 53-54psi. I have no issues while running she idles a little rough but doesn’t die and when accelerating no hesitation…