P1345 App help Needeed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need some help that I cant find any threads on. Maybe someone here has been through this already.

1997 Yukon 4x4, 5.7 L31, 4L60e

I have the common CMP Retard fault that requires re-clocking the distributor to get the cam sensor within spec. I live in a remote community and neither of the three mechanics in town wants to look at it. I purchased Torque Pro and a bluetooth OBDII connection unit (Panlong, on an android phone).
I used a couple of threads here and on other forums and created the additional PID per instructions. I tried for about 3 hours to get that to work and was unable to generate a signal.
I then purchased Dashcommand, and purchased the 1997 GM PID package. I saw several posters with screenshots that included the CMP Retard PID, but mine is nowhere to be found. Another 4-5 hours spent messing around.
This morning I purchased CarDiagnosticPro based on a youtube video I found. While it has the PID listed, I cannot get it to generate ANY live data while connected. All I can get is MIL codes. I canot get any live data out of this app, unlike the other 2. Another 5 hours into mucking about.

All of the interfaces on these apps are absolutely awful, and Im pulling my hair out trying to generate a usable degree number. Has anyone used any of these three apps, and can you walk mew through what I'm missing or what I'm doing wrong? I though I was fairly computer/app literate until now.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured it out eventually. After purchasing the year specific package, the first step is to perform PID validation while the vehicle is running. Next step is go to DATA GRID -> ADD PID -> ALL PIDS. Under "General" one of the first PIDs is the one for cam retard in degrees. Tick off this one, and the one for RPM.
These two will appear on the data grid page and once you rev over 1000 rpm, you'll get a value under CKP/CMP.
Mine started at 21.4*, and I was able to get it within the +2/-2 range and turn off my CEL. Hopefully this helps someone.

You must be registered for see images attach

SableSlayer

Reaction score
Good job getting this figured out. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I really like Dash command