P107 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
After swapping out faulty #5 injector I'm finally runnin on 8 cylinders again. But now I'm getting map sensor low voltage code. I'm wondering before I tear intake off again if this could be caused by the upper intake rubber rolling out n getting a vac leak or I should look at anything else. Any advice appreciated

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would check out all the sensor grounds, if you got a vacuum leak, should be easy to see on fuel trims, or find with propane in open loop? That's the best I got, hope it helps

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s the GM diagnostic procedure from a 98. Looks like most steps end with a wiring issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was a bad injector and the sensor issue came up after reinstall
Is the injector a normal port type injector? Is low Map voltage low PSI/low vacuum?

If so, check your o ring work.
also check your vacuum connection to your MAP wherever/whatever it is, isolate other vacuum components if you can.
Also, hows your PCM ground?

I would say without a good injector its possible the test for the code possibly was suspended until it got fixed

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Is the injector a normal port type injector? Is low Map voltage low PSI/low vacuum?

If so, check your o ring work.
also check your vacuum connection to your MAP wherever/whatever it is, isolate other vacuum components if you can.
Also, hows your PCM ground?

I would say without a good injector its possible the test for the code possibly was suspended until it got fixed
Well I hooked up scanner n went to try the old brake cleaner trick (mentioned in the what did you do today thread). Didn't clear codes n now they're gone!!! Also sprayed brake cleaner around upper n lower meet up to check if gasket rolled. Somethin puffed under the VORTEC box but when sprayed again couldn't duplicate results. This truck has to be an enigma at this point.... or just a suppository from the universe that I'm not allowed to have nice things.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I hooked up scanner n went to try the old brake cleaner trick (mentioned in the what did you do today thread). Didn't clear codes n now they're gone!!! Also sprayed brake cleaner around upper n lower meet up to check if gasket rolled. Somethin puffed under the VORTEC box but when sprayed again couldn't duplicate results. This truck has to be an enigma at this point.... or just a suppository from the universe that I'm not allowed to have nice things.
WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU SPRAY WITH BRAKE CLEAN? On a running engine?! Or hot? Wj

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU SPRAY WITH BRAKE CLEAN? On a running engine?! Or hot? Wj
Had the Lil red straw n sprayed Lil bursts around upper/lower intake gasket. Yeah sorry was running. Idle never changed. Somethin went PUFF under the box n couldn't replicate it. Slightly warmed. Man n I'm the one usually jumping people for not givin details.

Oh and no flame. Almost like it sucked somethin closed but idle never changed. If I can get reverse fixed it's goin to super mechanic.

Last edited: