P/S pass through sealant/glue removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So, I can't seem to find a direct answer on this. I need to remove the glue holding the wires in the passenger side pass through that holds the wires for the C1,C2,C200 and A/C jumper harnesses that are under the dash. I have absolutely no idea how to go about removing the adhesive/sealant that was used to waterproof and seal the wires w/o damaging the pass through, or the wires that I need to keep for my LS swap. I can make a new pass through panel, but if I don't have to I don't want to. Anyone have any sane ideas?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I ended up starting to use a heat gun to remove it. It works wonders so far. And from what I can tell, has not damaged the wires. Granted, I have 10 at most, I think that need to be kept.
You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Yup! It's hot glue!

I went down that road with Frank.

You might want to make a fire resistant cover over the top of it. Just a metal box (like a home junction box) with some flexible conduit to protect the wires. The box is to protect you in case of an engine fire.

I did that on my Firebird wanna-be road race car.