Oxygen sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Similar, but there are no hidden charge upgrades. Before I had the trans in my truck rebuilt, to a HD performance kit, with Corvette survos, and a shift kit, I used the Jet programer to stiffen up the shift firmness. I don't need that now, it also has a shift kit. I also really liked the fact that I can go ever 99 MPH now.
I had mine set to a stupid number and can tell you this rig doesn't like going faster then 112mph

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had mine set to a stupid number and can tell you this rig doesn't like going faster then 112mph
Several years ago, when I was still working offshore, and driving those very long roads to get on a boat, I brought mine to 5200 RPMs in OD. IDK just how fast that was, but it was when I still had the 100 MPH speedo. It took a long time for the needle to come off of 100 MPH. I guessing I was doing around 140 MPH. I was very surprised as to just how well the truck handled the speeds well over 100. It did very well.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Several years ago, when I was still working offshore, and driving those very long roads to get on a boat, I brought mine to 5200 RPMs in OD. IDK just how fast that was, but it was when I still had the 100 MPH speedo. It took a long time for the needle to come off of 100 MPH. I guessing I was doing around 140 MPH. I was very surprised as to just how well the truck handled the speeds well over 100. It did very well.
Maybe my issue is that it's lifted lol. It's programmed for 140 but I've haven't been able to get anywhere near that and like I said once I hit 110ish it has a humming and vibration that scares me. Good to know these trucks can go faster though if there set up for it.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe my issue is that it's lifted lol. It's programmed for 140 but I've haven't been able to get anywhere near that and like I said once I hit 110ish it has a humming and vibration that scares me. Good to know these trucks can go faster though if there set up for it.
Thing is though, I have an extended cab PU, and you have a Burb, or a big square box. Arodynamics have got to play a role at those speeds. I do know that GMT 400s were the first American made truck, built in a wind tunnel. All part of GM trying to compete with Toyota, when Toyota was getting 600,000 miles, and GM was barley getting 100,000 miles out of there vehicles. A lot of time, and research went into our trucks before the first 1 rolled off the production line.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
110ish it has a humming and vibration that scares me.
A lot of that could have to do with the speed rating on the tires, and if they are ballenced well, unless you have a front end part starting to get just a little loose, or out of alignment.

, I have an extended cab PU, and you have a Burb, or a big square box.
I would think a burb would be more stable at high speeds than a pickup, but I don't know.

GMT 400s were the first American made truck, built in a wind tunnel
I had no idea. Very interesting

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think my 95 will even hit that number. I think I'll run out of engine before I hit 90. At 80 I'm turning roughly 3100 and red line is 3500ish.
At 90 MPH, I'm turning 3000 RPMs. I did it yesterday, on the interstate. The 5.7L Vortec 350, always was a grate engine.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At 90 MPH, I'm turning 3000 RPMs. I did it yesterday, on the interstate. The 5.7L Vortec 350, always was a grate engine.
I've always heard they are a decent engine. I've never owned one. Newest i've had in a GMT400 is 95. The older I get the less I want to go fast anymore. My current 95's are "fast" enough to get the job done for me lol. The gasser gets me around town and the 6.5 gets me down the highway good enough.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think my 95 will even hit that number. I think I'll run out of engine before I hit 90. At 80 I'm turning roughly 3100 and red line is 3500ish.
That was the the problem with my dodge, it had way to tall gears, double overdrive. Didn't start to feel like it was cruising until you got it over 75. Then didn't have enough engine to handle any kind of a head wind. Ended up getting 4.56 gears. Night and day difference, but was still nothing compared to my 94 TBi 350 and I love my big block.