Overhead console wiring from astrovan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all. I have an overhead console from an astrovan I'm modifying to fit my 96 extended cab sierra, but I'm a little confused about the trip computer/nav class 2 serial data wire. Where the heck do I tie that into? Also does anyone have any links to someone actually doing this? Thanks for any help.

wazdat

Reaction score
I've actually been parked on "How to" page for over a month. Just need to pick up some wire to install mine.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody do this to an 0411 swapped truck?

Not willing to swap it in if it's reported not to work, but would love to have it

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is what i did. The stock obd2 plug has a wire that runs to the stock radio, and also has the class 2 data wire. Since I dont have a stock radio, i wired this wire to go to DIC class 2 wire and then i just stick a wire jumper in the obd2 port for the class 2 and old radio wire

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is what i did. The stock obd2 plug has a wire that runs to the stock radio, and also has the class 2 data wire. Since I dont have a stock radio, i wired this wire to go to DIC class 2 wire and then i just stick a wire jumper in the obd2 port for the class 2 and old radio wire
Do you have pictures to help explain? Are you saying you don’t have to run any wires to the radio? Also, do you have mode or on/off DIC?