Overhead Console Trip Computers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

img_20201128_042651-jpg.228752

All pulled from 98-03 S-Series SUVs, and will fit the non-HVAC GMT400 consoles as pictured. The bezels all have minor blemishes but are in pretty good shape. I currently have 4 units and 5 bezels with the US/MET and MODE text. All have been tested and work. All trip computer functions work with the 96+ GMT400 trucks, minus the "Range" display for 96-97. I don't have pigtails for all of them so they should be considered without.

$60 shipped for a unit with bezel, $50 without. PayPal only, US only, please PM for info.

I have a regular Temp/Compass only unit as well, $30 shipped for that one ($40 with bezel), it came out of my 03 Blazer... I don't have the US/MET and ON/OFF bezel for it tho, or I lost it.. Can send the Mode-style bezel with it.

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I can probably make an exception for Canada, I don't think shipping up there could be too much more compared to the contiguous US... I'm more thinking I don't wanna haggle with overseas shipping lol

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do these fit the full size console or only the smallerS10 blazer consoles?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Fits both. The installed pic is in my 97 Sierra. You need the non-HVAC overhead console tho.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
ok let's see here, what all would I need to set up my sierra? I am very interested and when am i ever guna get another chance to grab a set up and also get the info to set it up. :)

I'll grab a pic of my overhead console in a few mins but it is a none hvac control.....

Al

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
you'll need 7 wires from the dash:

-Run/Accy Power
-Ground
-Park Lights *
-Dimmer *
-VSS
-Class 2 Data
-Temperature Sensor **

* = not required if you're not worried about display dimming
** = not required and cannot use the same sensor as the rearview mirror simultaneously.

I don't have full wiring harnesses to give away, but I can provide pigtails for the units now.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
ok so let me think here.... you have 2 options. 1st option is temp, compass and a trip computer and this is what kinda complicates things and the requirement for the data and the VSS signal. You know I dont think I need all that and I really only need the temp and compass. I dont have either in this truck and I also dont have that sensor(s).

so if your willing to sell that temp/compass to me in Canada, I'll take it! I'm sure finding that sensor would be easy? is it the same across more platforms?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah, the sensor is the same on all (96+) S-Series trucks and SUVs, as well as the later GMT400 trucks. You won't need the data line for the temp/comp, but the VSS is still used by it. That cover on your console comes off fairly easily, bezel goes on in its place.