Overdrive alternator pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some don't require spacer. Compare by looking across backside.
I will mic., the new pulley, and compair those measurements to the old pulley before I install it, once I remove the OE pulley. If I need to add a spacer, or turn off some material from that back of the new pulley, that isn't a big deal for me. I work in a machine shop.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're different thickness's so if they're out of order, the pulley won't line up with the rest of the accessories and belt.
What 454cid means, is that, there are washers on both sides of the pulley. Keep them in order. Put the washers from behind the pulley, back behind the pulley, and the washers in front of the pulley, back in front of the pulley.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What 454cid means, is that, there are washers on both sides of the pulley. Keep them in order. Put the washers from behind the pulley, back behind the pulley, and the washers in front of the pulley, back in front of the pulley.

I also was thinking of the fan, which adds another spacer, but you don't have an external one on your alternator. I have them on my CS144, 10DN, and 12SI. It sounds like you've got a handle on the process, and don't need 10 tips on getting it done.:oops:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also was thinking of the fan, which adds another spacer, but you don't have an external one on your alternator. I have them on my CS144, 10DN, and 12SI. It sounds like you've got a handle on the process, and don't need 10 tips on getting it done.:oops:
LOL, it's ok, more info is always a good thing. You never know who else may need to know how to get it done. Personal, I am not real detail oriented, so I some time over look the little things. I am more of the let's get it done kind of guy, and some times that bites me in the ass.

Last edited: