Overdrive alternator pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bigger pulley would be less load on the engine assuming you never have belt slip on either.
With the current one that is

also the belt question, the Overrunning thing i mentioned before is for that too
You must be registered for see images attach

They usually have a black cap over the center there and they are common 2004 ish + stock on most gm vehicles but you CAN put them on older alternators sicne the shaft is the same

new one, preferably, but it will take a lot of shock loads and stuff off your alternator

Attachments

• cs130dplug.jpg
    cs130dplug.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 11

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered my pulley from eBay today. I will reply back after it comes in, and is installed. The pulley I ordered, is 44 MM I think. A lot smaller than the OE pulley.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I ordered my pulley from eBay today. I will reply back after it comes in, and is installed. The pulley I ordered, is 44 MM I think. A lot smaller than the OE pulley.

I can't wait.... thanks for being the Guinea Pig. :biggrin:

Remind me, which alternator you have?

Are you waiting until you have the pulley on the truck before addressing the belt length?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A CS130. As for belt length, yes, I will wait to change the pulley. According to the eBay sight, you may not need to replace the belt, we will see. There is a belt center store, about 1 block from our shop, so I can get whatever I need during my lunch brake. I can also do the pulley swap at work.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
A CS130. As for belt length, yes, I will wait to change the pulley. According to the eBay sight, you may not need to replace the belt, we will see. There is a belt center store, about 1 block from our shop, so I can get whatever I need during my lunch brake. I can also do the pulley swap at work.

I'd bet you can do the swap right on the truck, unless the shroud interferes.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Piece of cake with 15/16 socket on an impact.
Yeah, that's what I figure. Hope it's not to hard to get the pulley off, but if so, and I'm at work, we have all the tools to remove the old pulley from the alternator, and press on the new pulley if needed.