Over riding daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there something I'm not getting here? Why would you want to turn off the DRL's? They are a great safety feature, and have proven to prevent accidents, especially head on collisions!
I turn mine off to save voltage ( big stereo big draw need all I can get) and premature bulb failure is another reason. To each thier own, u can't see (or hear ) my big ass truck coming drls wouldn't make a difference and then u can say hi to my new big ass bumper lol.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol that cartoon is awesome! But if you took a little time use snips to make cuts bend up some and cut off the rest makin the opening bigger. then it’s just moving the battery and horn outta the way to get at the passenger side bulb. but drivers side is basically wide open since it’s made or set up for ability for a second battery set up but bulb changes are way simple with cutting openings bigger! And no worries of snapping plastic bits or stripping screws or scratches. hood,battery,horn is all I have to do!
I got two oversized batteries and dual runs if HUGE power wire, it'd be a nightmare to pull batteries to change a bulb, but on an oem setup probably the best thing to do, then u don't mess up the aim of ur lights either since they have oversized mounting holes on headlights .

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
my drl are off, by removing the fuse, I did so because it is enough voltage to trip the relay that operates my 4 High n Low beam mods. so they will be on full power all the time. theres only 1 province in Canada that requires drls so all vehicles get it. if DRL's were so crucial the police would also have to use them and around here they dont. otherwise I turn my lights on whenever required during inclement weather n such.

Al

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Never had an s10but the blazer had two plastic locking tabs and whole headlight assembly came out.
And 9/10 times you'd never get them back in properly and they'd be perpetually sky-pointed from then on. Blazer/S10 are the same 98-05.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so can I assume the 2 hex release bolts never work then do they? I can take my spyder glass lenses off the housing without removing anything else. BUT I never even knew what those were for because the oems didnt work on either of my trucks. I took the spyder mounting hardware apart and put antisieze on everything and I also added some rubber washers somewhere that I dont remember because they shake a little.

so do those release bolts ever work? LMAO.

I can take the grill off in about 5 minutes on my Burb but I have 1 broken tab so that helps. theres no way in hell I can change bulbs without taking **** apart.

Al

Mine work lol. Never knew what they were for til I became the owner of the burb. Dad use to reach his hand and try to wiggle the lights out or take off the batt

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there something I'm not getting here? Why would you want to turn off the DRL's? They are a great safety feature, and have proven to prevent accidents, especially head on collisions!

For me it saving power, bulbs, and faded headlights. Your right and the idea is there but unless she came with drl like the new leds I personally just turn on the switch during rain,fog, darkness , parking gar

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so can I assume the 2 hex release bolts never work then do they? I can take my spyder glass lenses off the housing without removing anything else. BUT I never even knew what those were for because the oems didnt work on either of my trucks. I took the spyder mounting hardware apart and put antisieze on everything and I also added some rubber washers somewhere that I dont remember because they shake a little.

so do those release bolts ever work? LMAO.

I can take the grill off in about 5 minutes on my Burb but I have 1 broken tab so that helps. theres no way in hell I can change bulbs without taking **** apart.

Al

The two hex bolts always worked for me. Take them out, pull the lens out and swap the bulb.

I can see them getting finicky with aftermarket adjuster brackets since they are hard to line the holes up sometimes.