Over riding daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Here’s my cutting of the opening for bulbs so everyone can see it makes a big difference in getting the bulbs in and out “snips” are Midwest brand “reds” it’s not just gonna cut threw like butter but y’all should be able to make it happen! But if you use cheap snips you get what you pay for!!! So these will last I don’t use any other ones! And made in USA in Midwest Michigan. You can get a left green and right red set for cheaper but these are legit all other snips are not equal!!

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I guess I’m the only one that pulls the grille and headlight housings to change the lightbulbs on these trucks.

My hands aren't super small, but I can get to the passenger side headlight without pulling the battery. I haven't tried the driver's side since I installed the storage box, Though.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I guess I’m the only one that pulls the grille and headlight housings to change the lightbulbs on these trucks.
Hell my big ass hands I've never even tried to NOT take the grille out! I can pull a chevy grille and change bulbs in under 10 minutes tho lol...done it WAAAAY too many times!

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
so can I assume the 2 hex release bolts never work then do they? I can take my spyder glass lenses off the housing without removing anything else. BUT I never even knew what those were for because the oems didnt work on either of my trucks. I took the spyder mounting hardware apart and put antisieze on everything and I also added some rubber washers somewhere that I dont remember because they shake a little.

so do those release bolts ever work? LMAO.

I can take the grill off in about 5 minutes on my Burb but I have 1 broken tab so that helps. theres no way in hell I can change bulbs without taking **** apart.

Al

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Lol that cartoon is awesome! But if you took a little time use snips to make cuts bend up some and cut off the rest makin the opening bigger. then it’s just moving the battery and horn outta the way to get at the passenger side bulb. but drivers side is basically wide open since it’s made or set up for ability for a second battery set up but bulb changes are way simple with cutting openings bigger! And no worries of snapping plastic bits or stripping screws or scratches. hood,battery,horn is all I have to do!

240 Gordy

Reaction score
Is there something I'm not getting here? Why would you want to turn off the DRL's? They are a great safety feature, and have proven to prevent accidents, especially head on collisions!