Over riding daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So I jumped the gun on that guy’s truck after I posted it it looks like he just swapped just the turn switch not whole assembly lol but idk if gmt800 which does have the daytime off turn would be a direct swap out swap in option? They do look a lot alike over all but seeing if anyone has more info but this would also help save life on bulbs and just everything involved not running all the time or turning on too early or just luxury of being able to not shine everything up with your headlights because you can’t turn them off without doing something you shouldn’t be lol?.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ X2. Also looks like you figured it out but that picture you posted is the same factory headlight switch, that guy just swapped a van knob onto it instead of the stock one.

rebel04343

Reaction score
Just pull the module under the dash. Looks like a black heat sink with a light brown vent on the bottom. It will take you two min and don’t have to deal with any other BS. Don’t push the brake down it takes one min more than pushing it down to remove the module. Always do things the right way.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You really don't even need to pull the diode module out entirely at all, just unplug it... Maybe I'm the weird one where that only took like 10 seconds lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It takes a minute, but it's doable.
I have to R&R all the center stack stuff, and figure out why the blower motor won't blow. Think it's either a bad switch or a wiring problem. So I could see about the DRL relay/diode then too. And the top of the dashboard is duct taped in several places, so I really want to tackle it all together. Another reason why I need an enclosed shop....

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to R&R all the center stack stuff, and figure out why the blower motor won't blow. Think it's either a bad switch or a wiring problem. So I could see about the DRL relay/diode then too. And the top of the dashboard is duct taped in several places, so I really want to tackle it all together. Another reason why I need an enclosed shop....
Get it all handled at once.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Awesome thanks again for replying I’ll definitely be getting on here after I lay my “A” down to get under the dash lol!
I just got my new 4 sided leds 9006s in the mail finally Weeks after ordering! but the sunny side is that the original set I ordered showed up today so I got 2 pairs for the one price! Lol box is different but who cares lol but they are just as good maybe lol better than the old ones. They shoot bright white no yellow they have a hint just a hint of blue. New bulbs are the top pic if anyone ordered these would not be disappointed. But if you don’t want the same bulbs without question get you these instead these are my old leds the new ones have a capacitor box or something to that sort at the halfway point in the connection plug which makes a easy swap into a lil more of a chore but as I’ve mentioned I took snips and cut the opening bigger to let my hand get access so instead of a 3” hole it’s a 5” something like that lol.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thanks again for replying I’ll definitely be getting on here after I lay my “A” down to get under the dash lol!
I just got my new 4 sided leds 9006s in the mail finally Weeks after ordering! but the sunny side is that the original set I ordered showed up today so I got 2 pairs for the one price! Lol box is different but who cares lol but they are just as good maybe lol better than the old ones. They shoot bright white no yellow they have a hint just a hint of blue. New bulbs are the top pic if anyone ordered these would not be disappointed. But if you don’t want the same bulbs without question get you these instead these are my old leds the new ones have a capacitor box or something to that sort at the halfway point in the connection plug which makes a easy swap into a lil more of a chore but as I’ve mentioned I took snips and cut the opening bigger to let my hand get access so instead of a 3” hole it’s a 5” something like that lol.

I personally only use the 4 sided isincer brand bulbs, have used all kinds of other brands that are similarly priced and they don't last, the isincers do last tho recently I did get two defective ones. Over all seems to be good and last year's for $25 for all 4 bulbs for our trucks.