Over riding daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Eh everyone I’m seeing if anyone knows or has figured out how to over ride daytime running lights I know I could just pull the fuse but then I lose my fog lights and I don’t want that! I had a 2000 blazer outta high school and if you pushed the dome over ride button in and out 3 times real quick it would ding and they would be off until you restarted the car then repeat step to shut off again. But seeing if anyone knows a trick how or what they did to not have them shoot on at dusk or just before. I like the look of just the fog lights on to trail into it getting dark then throw on the headlights. And I have the leds and they’re nice nice an bright so hopefully someone’s figured out a hack.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Eh everyone I’m seeing if anyone knows or has figured out how to over ride daytime running lights I know I could just pull the fuse but then I lose my fog lights and I don’t want that! I had a 2000 blazer outta high school and if you pushed the dome over ride button in and out 3 times real quick it would ding and they would be off until you restarted the car then repeat step to shut off again. But seeing if anyone knows a trick how or what they did to not have them shoot on at dusk or just before. I like the look of just the fog lights on to trail into it getting dark then throw on the headlights. And I have the leds and they’re nice nice an bright so hopefully someone’s figured out a hack.

I don't have fog lights, so I never had to worry about that. I pulled my fuse.... been that way for years. I think the DRL's use some sort of module under the dash. Maybe you could leave the fuse and pull that module instead and thereby keep power to the fogs?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Unplug the DRL Diode pack. It's mounted to the dash metal frame to the right of the steering column, looks like a giant black heat sink. That's the only way to disable the DRLs without messing anything else up.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Disconnect the module under the dash. It's under the radio (ish) and it's about the size of a pack of smokes.
And on my Burbs, GM built the truck around it! It went out on the first Burb, I spent half the day getting to it and getting it out. Haven't wanted to go through this process again on the current one.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck, I press the parking brake down a quarter inch to turn them off.

I keep the parking brake at the first detent. Anytime someone rides with me they ask why the brake light is on.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies! I’ve known of the parking brake trick and don’t want the light on or to get burnt out and pulling the fuse is not an option since it’s shared with my fog lights so taking out the module might be the best way for me I’ll have to look up some pics and videos to get lay of the land under the dash but if it’s pulling out the dash bezel an radio I’m probably going to put that on hold till nicer weather is here. So I’ve seen this other gmt400 truck on “gmfullsize.com” 88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox" that he has swapped headlight switch out for a newer switch I didn’t feel like joining the site just to ask but I’m asking y’all if you would think that could work or if it does or that guy just wanted a nicer switch to touch? Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost