Options to replace fuel lines from tank to filter?

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by supermailman, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Moparmat2000

Moparmat2000 I'm Awesome

So am i. Depends on which part of Texas though. If near Louisiana, Arkansas, or on the gulf coast like Galvaston, Houston etc. that will eat up a truck pretty badly. I am in west Texas. Its pretty dry here even more so when you get towards Lubbock or New Mexico. All my fluid lines are pretty solid for 25 year old lines. Lots of these trucks in my local boneyard now. In 10 years you probably wont see any of em. Nows the time to come out here and buy some nice used solid rust free lines for cheap.

2. Jared Jackson

Jared Jackson I'm Awesome

My truck lived its life in Missouri until I bought it. The rear brakes lines have some rust!

3. 454cid

454cid I'm Awesome

MO is still pretty good. I went to school down there for awhile, and I saw so many cars that I didn't see in MI. I noticed they tended to accumulate dents instead of rust. That's where I bought my 69 Buick.

4. Jared Jackson

You might have also seen a lot of meth mouth in MO...

It's nothing like you MI guys deal with, but it's still there in spots. My OCD makes me want to clean it all up. I always have a job available at our corporate office in Milwaukee... but I think my poor truck wouldn't survive it, lol.

Moparmat2000 likes this.
  5. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

Fun fact, it's not the meth that makes the teeth fall out, it's being awake for three days straight and forgetting to brush the teeth!

Luckily it's mostly confined to the more rural areas here but it is a big thing. When my dad used to have a place at Lake of the Ozarks we'd always drive by this trailer with all it's windows blown out. Right next to it was a barn with Mickey Mouse in his Fantasia costume hand painted on the roof. Used to make me laugh almost every time. The Lake of the Ozarks area is pure class as a whole.

6. Jared Jackson

I haven't spent a lot of time in MO. Although, I have stayed a few nights around Poplar Bluff a few times. It was pretty rural out that way!

7. Moparmat2000

Moparmat2000 I'm Awesome

Thats when you store your truck for the winter before the first snowfall, and take it back out after the first rain of the spring washes the salt down the storm drains.

Jared Jackson likes this.
  8. Europaman

Europaman Newbie

I found a nice kit on Ebay for my 89..the specialize in lines made to fit perfectly. I think they were around 116.00 including the filter.