Options to replace fuel lines from tank to filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude you're in TX... yours are probably perfect. Here in MI, I've only had to do a rear line (twice, as the patch with coated line rusted really fast for some reason). It's now the fancy copper alloy stuff. My fuel line is getting fragile in the same area as that brake line... right by the gas tank filler.

So am i. Depends on which part of Texas though. If near Louisiana, Arkansas, or on the gulf coast like Galvaston, Houston etc. that will eat up a truck pretty badly. I am in west Texas. Its pretty dry here even more so when you get towards Lubbock or New Mexico. All my fluid lines are pretty solid for 25 year old lines. Lots of these trucks in my local boneyard now. In 10 years you probably wont see any of em. Nows the time to come out here and buy some nice used solid rust free lines for cheap.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude you're in TX... yours are probably perfect. Here in MI, I've only had to do a rear line (twice, as the patch with coated line rusted really fast for some reason). It's now the fancy copper alloy stuff. My fuel line is getting fragile in the same area as that brake line... right by the gas tank filler.

My truck lived its life in Missouri until I bought it. The rear brakes lines have some rust!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My truck lived its life in Missouri until I bought it. The rear brakes lines have some rust!

MO is still pretty good. I went to school down there for awhile, and I saw so many cars that I didn't see in MI. I noticed they tended to accumulate dents instead of rust. That's where I bought my 69 Buick.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MO is still pretty good. I went to school down there for awhile, and I saw so many cars that I didn't see in MI. I noticed they tended to accumulate dents instead of rust. That's where I bought my 69 Buick.

You might have also seen a lot of meth mouth in MO...

It's nothing like you MI guys deal with, but it's still there in spots. My OCD makes me want to clean it all up. I always have a job available at our corporate office in Milwaukee... but I think my poor truck wouldn't survive it, lol.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Fun fact, it's not the meth that makes the teeth fall out, it's being awake for three days straight and forgetting to brush the teeth!

Luckily it's mostly confined to the more rural areas here but it is a big thing. When my dad used to have a place at Lake of the Ozarks we'd always drive by this trailer with all it's windows blown out. Right next to it was a barn with Mickey Mouse in his Fantasia costume hand painted on the roof. Used to make me laugh almost every time. The Lake of the Ozarks area is pure class as a whole.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fun fact, it's not the meth that makes the teeth fall out, it's being awake for three days straight and forgetting to brush the teeth!

Luckily it's mostly confined to the more rural areas here but it is a big thing. When my dad used to have a place at Lake of the Ozarks we'd always drive by this trailer with all it's windows blown out. Right next to it was a barn with Mickey Mouse in his Fantasia costume hand painted on the roof. Used to make me laugh almost every time. The Lake of the Ozarks area is pure class as a whole.

I haven't spent a lot of time in MO. Although, I have stayed a few nights around Poplar Bluff a few times. It was pretty rural out that way!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It's nothing like you MI guys deal with, but it's still there in spots. My OCD makes me want to clean it all up. I always have a job available at our corporate office in Milwaukee... but I think my poor truck wouldn't survive it, lol.
Thats when you store your truck for the winter before the first snowfall, and take it back out after the first rain of the spring washes the salt down the storm drains.

Europaman

Reaction score
95 V6 TBI. I know kits are available but I don't want to spend the $150 on them at the moment. I live in the Midwest so lots of rust, getting used lines is probably out of the question. Are there any cheaper ways to run a new supply and return line up to the filter? That back half of my lines rusted through and leak. There's also a third line coming off the pump that is connected with small diameter rubber hose and that all needs replaced too. Any guidance would be appreciated. Tank will be coming back down soon.
I found a nice kit on Ebay for my 89..the specialize in lines made to fit perfectly. I think they were around 116.00 including the filter.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All of the fittings were S.U.R.&R. brand parts for use with nylon tubing, in stock at my local CarQuest:
K095 - 5/16" female fitting (sender unit) (1)
K100 - 3/8" female fitting (sender unit) (1)
K270 - 5/16" male short line adapter (TBI) (1)
K275 - 3/8" male short line adapter (TBI) (1)
KP020 - 3/8" quick connect (filter) (2)

Thanks! I'm going to check it out at Oreilly's.
I'm tired of gas in my armpit........