Votes: 3 50.0%
  • GMT800

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • GMT900

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (describe)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
When I bought my truck, it came with the 60/40 split bench in the front. Unfortunately, the seats are extremely worn out. The driver's seat is reusable, but the passenger's side is not really salvageable anymore. I'm going the way of changing to bucket seats and a center console swap. The console is an XLT console from an '06 F150 that I bought from LKQ for like $70. I can't decide on seats from a GMT800 or a GMT900. I've sat in both (because of my job) and feel the GMT800 is more comfortable. I've heard the GMT900s bolt in easier, though, and the GMT800 seats can't be wired up to work properly. I want ya'll's opinion on what I should do. Thanks in advance!

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Gmt800 seats can be wired to work perfectly, you wont have the memory seat option or heated seats on 03+ seats. They require the bcm to work. I just finished putting in 03 tahoe seats with a manual passenger and 6 way power driver

Trenton

Reaction score
What about a 60/40 from a GMT-400 that's in better shape then?
I already bought the console lol. Any leather GMT400S seats are hard to find around here in good condition. Plus, I kind of want the bucket seats.

JCasnva

Reaction score
Idk where about in east texas you are, I'm in Dallas, but I have the 60/40 from my 92 in storage you can have. Driver side lower part ripped from my dad piling stuff on it but the passenger side is fine. You will have to clean it up but the foam is in good condition still

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I already bought the console lol. Any leather GMT400S seats are hard to find around here in good condition. Plus, I kind of want the bucket seats.

Oh, you want leather? Yeah, those mostly look crappy now. I don't like leather, I like cloth. It sounds like our seat preferences are polar opposites.

I'd say get what you find most comfortable if you're going to spend much time in the truck, otherwise whatever you find a deal on first if the mounting isn't too much trouble.

Trenton

Reaction score
Oh, you want leather? Yeah, those mostly look crappy now. I don't like leather, I like cloth. It sounds like our seat preferences are polar opposites.

I'd say get what you find most comfortable if you're going to spend much time in the truck, otherwise whatever you find a deal on first if the mounting isn't too much trouble.

Yeah, they are complete opposites lol. I drive a plethora of nice vehicles at work so I'm kind of spoiled with leather seats. Plus, my seats are already leather. Thanks for the offer though!

94_Z71

Reaction score
I've got leather buckets from an '07 Tahoe in mine, and they're one of the best things I ever did to my truck. I've got service-related back problems, but those Tahoe seats are incredibly comfortable. Big improvement. All I had to do was drill eight holes. They fit just fine, but I am only 5' 8". If you're really tall you might not have quite enough leg room.