Opinions of TRW suspension parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
I'm in process of buying parts to rebuild my front suspension. I've bought a mix of brands, including Mevotech, Moog and ACDelco, and heard Proforged is good (although I know enough to avoid Moog for ball joints).

But, I am considering TRW for new upper control arms, since I found a good deal on them (less than $40 each). I would be using the arm and pre-installed bushings, and swap the Mevotech TTX ball joints I already bought, into them.

I don't know much about TRW quality level, so I'm asking here.

In case someone is wondering why I don't buy Mevotech upper control arms, I've read some negative comments stating the rubber in their bushings is weak.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TRW has been a manufacturer of parts for the OEM for years. I would trust them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d say go for it. If you swapped your argument with Mevotech over TRW, my answer would be the same.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a time when TRW and Moog used to re-box each other's parts. No idea if that's still "a thing" or not.

More likely, they're both re-boxing Chinese/Taiwanese/Turkish junk.

That said...I just finished cramming a Made-in-USA Moog right lower ball joint into the Plow Truck about two hours ago. I put upper arms in a couple years ago, the other lower ball joint last year, and this one makes "all four".

Tie rod ends tomorrow.

Last edited: