Only starts after block heater is plugged in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkimag22

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can't figure it out by next Tuesday it's going to be dropped off at my mechanic.

I do have HPTuners. I've done a bit of logging in the past but could that show anything of interest or is an actual automotive tech scanner be needed?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I can't figure it out by next Tuesday it's going to be dropped off at my mechanic.

I do have HPTuners. I've done a bit of logging in the past but could that show anything of interest or is an actual automotive tech scanner be needed?
HP Tuners data is better if you log the correct stuff. Have it rolling when you crank it over. It will give details that a scanner does not have the update rate to see.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Have you done tuning to it with HP tuners before or are you just going to use it as a data log? If tuned, maybe try a factory file in case there is some low temp gremlin hiding in there.

Darkimag22

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disabled the passlock as well as the downstream O2 sensors...that's it but I will go back to stock and see what happens.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I disabled the VSS as well as the downstream O2 sensors...that's it but I will go back to stock and see what happens.
VSS is needed for idle. The IAC resets position when the vehicle is rolling at steady speed on throttle. Without it no IAC position resets, the PCM loses position of the IAC over time and the startup and idle quality tanks.