One Braided Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhh, baby! I'm getting moist just looking at those.

www.classictube.com/product/cadillac-escalade-stopflex-brake-hose-kit-4wd-front-disc-rear-drum-3-pc-19881989199019911992199319941995199619971998/

I think I just figured-out what's going on the K2500 when I rip it apart to replace a rotor on one side, and wheel speed sensor on the other side. (They do have a transparent plastic coating or tube over the steel braid...right? The DOT was getting miffed at "steel braid" brake hoses that got dirt under the braid, which then wore on the Teflon/PTFE liner. The "fix" was to put a clear or colored plastic tube over the assembly.)

Summit says they'll fit my 8600 GVW (big block) K2500, and they're a few dollars less expensive.

www.summitracing.com/parts/CST-SBH6055/applications/make/chevrolet/model/k2500/year/1997/engine-family/chevy-big-block-gen-vi

Last edited:

Ta6point6

Reaction score
Ohhh, baby! I'm getting moist just looking at those.

www.classictube.com/product/cadillac-escalade-stopflex-brake-hose-kit-4wd-front-disc-rear-drum-3-pc-19881989199019911992199319941995199619971998/

I think I just figured-out what's going on the K2500 when I rip it apart to replace a rotor on one side, and wheel speed sensor on the other side. (They do have a transparent plastic coating or tube over the steel braid...right? The DOT was getting miffed at "steel braid" brake hoses that got dirt under the braid, which then wore on the Teflon/PTFE liner. The "fix" was to put a clear or colored plastic tube over the assembly.)

Summit says they'll fit my 8600 GVW (big block) K2500, and they're a few dollars less expensive.

www.summitracing.com/parts/CST-SBH6055/applications/make/chevrolet/model/k2500/year/1997/engine-family/chevy-big-block-gen-vi
I just ran out and checked, they are clear plastic covered on the braid.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So thats a real "no brainer" . Fab the metal caliper as oem in stainless and fits, then squeeze crimp braided line. Best of both worlds. For the other poeple whom just have all braided line. Military trucks and some older Aircraft used an Adel clamp approximately midway or there about. The correct clamping size not loose, and attached a lobg stainless or cadplated spring. Like 3to 4 or 5 inches long from the adel clamp to fixed area with just enough tension to keep clear of moving parts. I have some photos i can dig up. It works to prevent any abrasion or suspension problem's. Just another idea.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have only lost pressure to one of the two hydraulic circuits. If that was a front brake hose, the rear brakes should still work (although brake pedal travel would be longer.)

That’s what I thought but I had zero braking. Pedal to the floor. So, what does that mean?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought but I had zero braking. Pedal to the floor. So, what does that mean?
1500? Leading/trailing rear brakes?

Rear brakes are wildly out-of-adjustment. Front brakes are doing all the work.

(but I thought Suburbans had Duo-Servo rear brakes.)

Failed rear circuit on master should have given you a low pedal.
Of course, the popped hose in front will give you a low pedal.
In short...I don't know.