Old OEM seat covers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Does anyone have their old original seat covers off of a set of buckets for 95-98? I’m gonna make me some new custom ones. My seats were recovered by a half ass upholstery shop. They don’t fit that well. I just need a set of OEM’s for patterns. Doesn’t matter the condition. As long as they are good enough to take apart and trace for my new ones. Thanks in advance!

Restoguy

Reaction score
Fyi, the cloth ones are glued to the foam so they dont come off. I think the leather can be removed though. Im planning to reupholster my diesel seats when the paint is done. (Its what i used to do)

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
My upholstery guy recovered my cloth ones and said it was a pain to get the glued cloth off, he did that and then glued the new ones on.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have their old original seat covers off of a set of buckets for 95-98? I’m gonna make me some new custom ones. My seats were recovered by a half ass upholstery shop. They don’t fit that well. I just need a set of OEM’s for patterns. Doesn’t matter the condition. As long as they are good enough to take apart and trace for my new ones. Thanks in advance!

Have you checked with @sewlow ? If anyone has some ideas it would be him.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have one factory bucket seat cover & it's a driver side.
I did my buckets years ago, using the passenger as the pattern, of course.
I've kept that pattern but as I've moved 3 or 4x since, all that is in a box...somewhere. Sooo...I'd like to maybe hang on to that driver's cover until I can find that passenger side pattern, (Which as you know will be in pieces. All there? Hmmm...) I'd be willing to send that driver side to you. But it is a 'driver side', and typically, not in the best of shape.
I do have the covers I made on the seats, so that's another kinda-sorta pattern I have.
I say kinda because those damn seats fought me every stitch of the way. I see mistakes. Too many distractions while doing them. Trying to do paying jobs & sneaking my stuff in too. Not concentrating on one job at a time.
The factory patterns are always the best.
In a hurry? I'm swamped in the shop. Long hours right now. (Spring's coming! Guys want their rides done!) Like I said. The cover is here s-o-m-e-w-h-e-r-e.
My open-pit filing system leaves a bit to be desired.

Oh yea. Better make sure the patterns I have are the same as the ones you need. There are at least 2 different styles that I know of that were made for the '95+ buckets. ...and 1 syle has 2 slight variations in the patterning resulting in a different stitching procedure between each.

This was the factory cover on mine. '99 Escalade.
After 2 scrubiings! Truck had been sunk in a 6' deep water-filled ditch, then left in the owner's backyard for a year. With the windows up! Mold city.
I swear I saw them pulsating a bit when I first opened the door.
Shoulda been wearing a HazMat suit when I pulled 'em.
The covers were/are...aaahhh...kinda groaty. Stinky. Crispy.
If you don't want to deal with all that, I wouldn't blame ya!

You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
My upholstery guy recovered my cloth ones and said it was a pain to get the glued cloth off, he did that and then glued the new ones on.
+1 for this. My upholstery guy said when you do this it helps the leather stand up to wear. He explained it to me a while back, I don't remember the exact details anymore, but my seats still look like new!