Ol' Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey y'all. New to this site. Definitely not an expert on anything, especially these trucks. Just learning as I go. Once I get used to navigating around in this forum, I'll post some pics.

Here's a little bit of info about "the other girl," as my fiancee calls her, in my life. She's my toy truck really. Just use it for 4x4 and sometimes on the weekend. Not a daily driver. I am a commercial AC mechanic so I drive my work van everyday.

I picked her up on Craigslist about 6 months ago. And yes, got screwed. Three days after I bought her, engine blew.

So I put in an ATK 350 5.7 TBI. Brand new.

Had the transmission 4L60E rebuilt.

Suspension was garbage so I got a 6" lift and redid the IFS components that were done.

Changed out the thermal actuator to 4x4 posi-lok due to short in the wiring that I gave up on finding after spending the better part of two weeks everyday after work looking for.

Tinted the windows.

Rain guards.

New wheels. Stayed with 16s. Want to keep it old school and put more rubber on the dirt. But she has a great stance on her.

The only decent thing on the truck when I got it was the tires so I kept the 33's.

Air going out: Exhaust manifold on passenger side cracked right down the middle so I just had headers and custom exhaust from headers back put on yesterday.
Jegs mid-length headers.
Flowmaster muffler.

Air going in: TBI salad bowl (power charger) from Jegs. K&N E1500 filter with flipped cap.

Nerf bars added.
New grille.
New headlights.
Rock lights.

And I think that's where we're at...

I'm on this site to learn as much as I can. Love these trucks. Had an 97 s-10 back in 2000. Loved that one too but sold it when I moved to Florida from Virginia. Pics to come but the one in my avatar is before the exhaust work.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, what year truck?

Hmm "somewhere between JAX and Miami" St Augustine, Daytona, what?

Reaction score
Welcome, what year truck?

Hmm "somewhere between JAX and Miami" St Augustine, Daytona, what?

Haha! Exactly!
I lived just outside of JAX, west of Duval east of Gainesville, for 10 years but now living in South Florida, east coast. Fort Lauderdale area, by the Everglades, but my fiancee lives up near Boynton/Lake Worth to I stay there a few nights a week when I work up here. Getting ready to move up to lake Worth within the month, tho. But I travel around a lot. From the mud hole to the fishing hole. Haha

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Used the peelable paint for rust protection. That's the red. Also went under and sprayed anything that could rust with black Rust-Oleum.

Anyway, that's the latest. Haven't taken pics of the new exhaust or other performance based mods yet but will when I get a chance.

Looking forward to posting more as I put in more time (and money!! Haha) into this project. Suggestions are always appreciated. Like I said, I'm learning as I go. And I plan to replace any part that fails with performance upgrades.

Thanks for the welcome y'all. Stoked to be here.