Oil pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I 100% absolutely did change the oil pan gasket without dropping the pan, sir. Don't tell me what the f*ck I didn't do. Because that gasket sure as hell didn't put itself on, and the pan has NEVER been below the differential. I didn't say it was easy but it sure as hell got put on. Get the f*ck off my post unless you have something constructive to add to the conversation. I've rebuilt this entire f*ck*ng truck from the ground up with 0 help aside from a few people on here's advice on a couple topics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Like Sgt. Hulka says "Lighten up Francis":rolleyes: It is physically impossible to change a pan gasket with out dropping the pan. What you meant was that you changed the gasket with out dropping the differential to remove the pan.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, I try to keep it civilized, but I can't stand when somebody thinks they know more about YOUR own work nore than you, ya know. But no, as far as I can tell, it looks like I caught it in time before it could do any damage to the cylinder itself. But I just got through putting the top end of this thing back together...again, and it's lookin like i'm gonna be out another $60+ on gaskets alone. It's getting really old at this point. As soon as I figure the bore size, I have a guy with ALL of the internals from a 350 willing to sell for $200. Hopefully it'll all sort itself out and not cost me a kidney, lol

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Obvious question, but did you verify oil pressure either with a mechanical gauge or try changing senders? I feel like the lifters would be tapping at 4psi. Plus it takes about 10 to float the crank.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know this is funny, how about the old saying "F**k you, I ain't no better than you!" ha ha. We've all had a bad day, let's try to stay on topic, been there done that!

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like Sgt. Hulka says "Lighten up Francis":rolleyes: It is physically impossible to change a pan gasket with out dropping the pan. What you meant was that you changed the gasket with out dropping the differential to remove the pan.
No. I meant I CHANGED THE GASKET WITHOUT DROPPING THE PAN. If it were impossible, then why would another person comment and say that's exactly how he does it? U drop the gasket in the pan and work it past the oil pump and push it to the other end, then all u gotta do is lift it up to the edges and line up the dipstick hole. It takes more than 2 hands, but that's exactly how it was done

Last edited:

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the sending unit a long time ago and put in an aftermarket gauge when I saw how low the factory was reading, and it apparently wasn't a faulty gauge because they both show the same numbers. I've only put about 400 miles on this thing since I bought it in January and I don't think I ever even hit 3000 rpm in that time. Hell, the only reason I even put gas in it is to make sure it's running right after I replace something, lol. That just goes to show how bad the previous owner had everything rigged up. I've got nothing but time, so really the only thing keeping me from finishing it is the financial aspect, and I quit counting when I got close to the $5000 mark a few months ago. Now i'm broke, and it looks like this thing is gonna keep me there for awhile, lol