Oil cooler radiator adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoemaro

Reaction score
I have a 95 k1500 5.7. I purchased a new radiator online, and I cannot get the engine oil lines to screw into the radiator. They are not the quick disconnect, but the thread in type. I have tried the screw in adapters which will screw into the radiator, but the lines will not screw in. Anyone had this happen? This radiator is a single core vs a double core, maybe the problem? Anyone know of any adapters, the screw in on the lines seems bigger than the radiator threads and the adapters

shoemaro

Reaction score
They are flared with a threaded collar,.no oring. The line pushes into the radiator or an adapter, then slide the collar down and screw in

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe take a pic, i know my original 95 oil cooler lines use "O" rings and threaded collar.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why did you go from a two row cooler to a single row? That's a step backwards. Also that radiator is not for your model hence the lines don't match. If you have the original oil cooler lines with flat ring face o ring seal and nut. The only adapter for the oil line side, I've heard of isto convert to AN lines. Do you have inverted flare female in radiator? Why are you using adapter's? What are your adapters, what kind , fitting to fitting are you trying to adapt?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to get several different companies on board to make these and NONE showed interest despite GM having built millions of vehicles with them.

Its literally STUPID on their part. Then again, even TCI refuses to respond when I inquired if they made the correct flexplate for a small block or big block with a 4L80E and that is merely a revised drilling operation to an existing flexplate! It would be nice to have a proper heavy duty SFI flexplate for these trucks.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe call Racetronix. ICT Billet, Cunningham Machine, Earls, or other fitting manufacturers. Perhaps they will finally get enough people asking for the correct fitting to actually make them available for us. I ran across the same problem with the same fitting.

I was pointing out earlier that aftermarket companies barely acknowledge those of us rebuilding these trucks and the need for parts that fit them correctly.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not skip the hassle and just bypass the radiator cooler and run a large trans cooler by itself?