Oh no not another one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup apparently it's gonna bar hop along the coast all day Monday,and come in somewhere west of Houston Monday evening and night. Lots of rain Tuesday....then it might just hang around here for a while and rain rain rain..... that's what the latest forecast says anyway. The meteorologists are just making more educated guesses than the rest of us!
I got my rubber boots by the door, and I gathered up the lawn chairs and other lightweight stuff around the trailer. Got groceries yesterday, and I have a few cases of bottled water. So we're as ready as we can get, living in a trailer park.
I think as long as it is only a TS we will just have raining, not much wind. Where we are in relation to the coast, is 50 or more miles inland, even from Galveston Bay. It rains frequently enough that we know where not to go because those places get high water.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was at Eglin AFB at EOD school in 95 when a big one came through and chewed up the base and Destin and white sand beaches. Everyone left except they forgot to let the school know. My luck sux. We are in a newer concrete billeting. Two forty gal coolers full beer, water and lunchmeat. I planned ahead. 5 Usaf guys on third floor watching the nature show. Everywhere small tornadoes touching down. Trees snapping falling. Big blow startsup hear some cracking hustle through to opp side of building jusin time to see next building over perpendicular to ours. About 200 ft long 50 ft wide the whole peaked roof, the whole thing lifts off above the building flies about 250 ft into center of parking lot and lands on at leadt 20 private vehicles. Holy crap. Yep that was wild.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just started raining here a few minutes ago. I checked the radar and apparently the rainfall that Galveston got went east of us and is heading over east Texas,from Orange to Lufkin northward and over to Huntsville westward. Looks like rain all down the coast too.
Not coming down too hard right now,but we'll see what happens as the day progresses....