offroad build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I am a high schooler currently building my late grandfather's old '93 single slab 5 speed Z71. I blew up the original engine a couple weeks ago and get the thing back later this week with the fresh Jegs crate installed. After learning to drive the thing (manual transmission) in February, I re did the driver side door assembly and put a brand spanking new headliner in. After that was a tailgate and taillight swap and a new set of 31 inch Yokohama Geolanders. After the engine, I will be getting a whole new front end with bumper, grill, and brand new clear headlights. I will then get a flowmaster super 40, a RC leveling kit, and a low profile toolbox. Then comes the tint, sub, touchscreen, and maybe some exhaust tips with a new black paint job to finish it off in the spring/summer. It will serve as a daily driver/hunting rig and will see some nice mudholes but be kept nice and clean. Pics will be uploaded this afternoon. Thank y'all!

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no idea why it uploaded 80 thousand pictures but that’s what we’re working with. ‘93 Sierra SLE with a final inspection date of September 11, 1992. Granddaddy bought it after his ‘79 was totaled by my dad’s buddy while delivering a mattress from the family owned store. Original 5.7 finally kicked the bucket last week on me and a fresh crate is being dropped in in the coming days. It is a 5 speed 4x4. Unfortunately I never got to spend time with my granddaddy but I’m so ready to get this thing finished for him. Did not know about the torsion bars. Will ask the guy that’s handling the engine swap about them next week

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank y’all for the support. Should give y’all weekly updates. I’m attempting to get everything done by next September for our local car show. Should be a fun little project that’ll keep me out of trouble lol

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks pretty clean besides the dented fender. Some 94+ mirrors and the smooth center caps would look good on there.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That dented fender is going to be fixed along with the small rust in the cab corner when it gets painted black in the spring/summer. Mirrors are part of the plan and I did not know about the center caps. I also need opinions for when I paint it. Should I go with a full trim delete along the sides? I do know that I will not get new z71 stickers but I will put a newer style z71 badge in the corner of the grill and maybe on the tailgate with the other emblems.