OEM style pinstripes were to get them.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies I end and looked at the truck and it wasn't like anything he said on the phone. He originally told me everything worked and other then the clear coat pealing it was in decent shape I went and looked at it and what a waste of time drive almost three hours one way. He hacked off the A/C to change the A/C pump with a hack saw the main bearings are done as it knocks very bad and the crank pulley wables so bad I was amazed the belt didn't fly off idling the 4x4 didn't work headliner was sagin list goes on. I kept my $2000 and went home. It's tobad as I liked the color combo it had.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did ya at least offer him a $100 bone for it? Might be worth an engine swap if you like the color. I bought mine with a bad engine and sagging headliner. Just finishing up the engine swap. So far not even into mine 1g yet.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Did ya at least offer him a $100 bone for it? Might be worth an engine swap if you like the color. I bought mine with a bad engine and sagging headliner. Just finishing up the engine swap. So far not even into mine 1g yet.
He wouldn't take less then $2000 he originally wanted $3300. I like the 88-98s in two tone they look good. I'll keep looking I might just buy one done already and customize it from there to my liking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
You could buy 2 rolls of tape stripe in their respective widths and colors and do the whole truck, 3m scotch cal, cal-stripe. not the 20 ft rolls in auto zone. The stuff can be had.

Agreed the 3M and Avery products are not hard to find. My only concern is, on the front quarters there is a slight bend or arch in the factory stripe as it follows the contour of the body line, and it finishes near the headlights with a slight taper and an almost 90 degree bend downward in the final inch. I assume a decent body shop should have a skilled stripe man that can replicate this factory look. Other than the front quarters everything else seems to be straight lines and should be relatively simple.