OEM seat cover supplier question (for sewlow and others)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E-gads

Reaction score
I recovered my seats in my '99 Yukon SLT earlier this year and used leatherseats.com. They were cheaper than the seat shop by quite a bit. I recovered the two buckets, the rear bench and all headrests and arm rests for just under $1000. They allow you to customize your seats quite a bit and their website makes it pretty easy to do. I don't know if you can only order the seat bottom. That would probably require a phone call. With my truck it seems that the offerings from the Seat Shop were limited. Just to do the front two buckets with all the head/arm rests would've been almost $1000. I did buy the driver's bottom foam from the Seat Shop because that's the only place I could find it new. I would definitely recommend replacing the bottom foam. It makes a big difference. Yes, you can steam the foam and bring it back to shape but I don't think it really retains its shape that way. I reused my seat heaters but only because I don't use them so if they didn't work, no big deal. They did work BTW. I will say that recovering your seats is a little stressful because you have to make all the holes for the controls, armrests and headrests. One slip of the razor blade and you've ruined an expensive seat. I cannot attest to color match because I completely changed my interior color, including the carpet. I'm pretty happy with the install but after 10 months I can see that the leather on the outside driver's bolster is barely showing the beginning signs of wear. It hasn't developed any cracking but it looks like it eventually will. Having a 3" lift, I slide off of that seat every time I get out and that is the worst thing you can do to a leather seat. If you look at used trucks it seems that most of them have a tear on the drivers bolster for that very reason. (The colors in the photo are a little washed out)

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_082817706.jpg
    IMG_20211018_082817706.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 23

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recovered my seats in my '99 Yukon SLT earlier this year and used leatherseats.com. They were cheaper than the seat shop by quite a bit. I recovered the two buckets, the rear bench and all headrests and arm rests for just under $1000. They allow you to customize your seats quite a bit and their website makes it pretty easy to do. I don't know if you can only order the seat bottom. That would probably require a phone call. With my truck it seems that the offerings from the Seat Shop were limited. Just to do the front two buckets with all the head/arm rests would've been almost $1000. I did buy the driver's bottom foam from the Seat Shop because that's the only place I could find it new. I would definitely recommend replacing the bottom foam. It makes a big difference. Yes, you can steam the foam and bring it back to shape but I don't think it really retains its shape that way. I reused my seat heaters but only because I don't use them so if they didn't work, no big deal. They did work BTW. I will say that recovering your seats is a little stressful because you have to make all the holes for the controls, armrests and headrests. One slip of the razor blade and you've ruined an expensive seat. I cannot attest to color match because I completely changed my interior color, including the carpet. I'm pretty happy with the install but after 10 months I can see that the leather on the outside driver's bolster is barely showing the beginning signs of wear. It hasn't developed any cracking but it looks like it eventually will. Having a 3" lift, I slide off of that seat every time I get out and that is the worst thing you can do to a leather seat. If you look at used trucks it seems that most of them have a tear on the drivers bolster for that very reason. (The colors in the photo are a little washed out)
I just priced out a set for my suburban. 3 full rows at 1400 doesn't seem to bad. Like you said I was looking at around 1000-1100 from the seat shop for just the front row. This has been my biggest concern on the interior of my vehicle. I would honestly love cloth seats, but a fresh set of leather would be pretty nice as well.