OEM Keyless entry Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExCab

Reaction score
Hello I have a 1998 Silverado With OPTION CODE: AU3 Power side door locks and Without option code AU0 Lock control remote entry. From what i researched it takes module GM part # 16254970. Does anyone know if a retrofit is possible? Ive searched under the driver side dash at the module location and don't see a pigtail anywhere. No solid answers came about during my thread search, any help is much appreciated. I dont care to much about an aftermarket setup, im looking for an oem plug and play solution, thanks.

Rocket Surgeon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know the same. I have added similar OEM keyless entry system into 3 different GM cars over the years, either by totally swapping body harness, or adding in just the wires only that go with the module and soldering them in. I am certain that it can be added, but we need factory service manual wiring diagram to know more.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but we need factory service manual wiring diagram to know more.
this should help you out then,

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The service manuals are here free. The remote receiver module is mounted in different whether it's 2 wheel, or 4 wheel drive.

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any headway on this topic? I just started cleaning up my 97 k2500 454 extended cab short bed 4 wheel drive. I had an extra fob tried putting it into program mode and it wouldn't. Which lead me to researching this and what the crap is AU3 code. Why would gm put power locks on a vehicle and then not make an easy way to add a fob.
stupid or is it

Nate406

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if we are able to do this? I am looking to do the same to my 98.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the OE service manuals? Depending on what year your working on I can point you in the right direction.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I went from fully powerless doors in my 97 to fully powered doors with keyless entry using all factory wiring harnesses from donor trucks, so yeah it's definitely doable. 88-94 never had keyless but you could retrofit the later model system wiring into an earlier model if you really wanted to. Now, if you already have power locks but without keyless, you'll probably have to swap out your harness, as the no-keyless harness uses a different wiring method for the lock switches, and no relays in the pickups. Personally I think it's actually easier to go from nothing to power+keyless.